+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Smart Notebook 10.8 Prompting username and password in Technical; Hello i have created a mst with smart install manager and told it to install the gallery locally on every ...

Thank Post

Smart Notebook 10.8 Prompting username and password

Hello i have created a mst with smart install manager and told it to install the gallery locally on every PC. I have tested a rollout of this and it goes fine and all installs fine but there is a really annoying issue. When anyone opens smart notebook they are prompted for a username and password for the internet as we a behind a proxy that requires authentication. I am wondering if people have had similar problems and if anyone has been able to track the cause of the problem and possibly have a fix for this?
    Also is there a regkey to hide the floating tools as the regkey i used previously does not work.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SMART Technologies\SMART Board Drivers\Floating Tools]
    "FloatingToolsVisible"=dword:00000000

Thanks
    David

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by broadld View Post
    Hello i have created a mst with smart install manager and told it to install the gallery locally on every PC. I have tested a rollout of this and it goes fine and all installs fine but there is a really annoying issue. When anyone opens smart notebook they are prompted for a username and password for the internet as we a behind a proxy that requires authentication. I am wondering if people have had similar problems and if anyone has been able to track the cause of the problem and possibly have a fix for this?
    Also is there a regkey to hide the floating tools as the regkey i used previously does not work.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SMART Technologies\SMART Board Drivers\Floating Tools]
    "FloatingToolsVisible"=dword:00000000

Thanks
    David
    I have narrowed this down to smart gallery. It has an entry in for Google sketchup. If this is removed or proxy configured to let through without prompting for credentials it works fine. Reg key to delete

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SMART Technologies\Gallery\WebSites\1CA7F7F6-100F-4451-AB5A-EE664AC3428B]
    @=""
    "Title"="Google 3D warehouse"
    "Url"="http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/"

Thank Post
    Hi, did you have any issues with proxy auth during setup?
    I'm having issues with proxy authentication during the install. I need to do a silent install of smart notebook 10.8 and the galleries and lesson activity toolkit.
    I am prompted for proxy auth on 4 seperate occasions. once during the notebook install, then twice for the gallery, and once for the lesson activity toolkit. I have tried creating an mst file using the install manager, and also tried with a batch file and the appropriate switches and parameters as per the smart system admin user guide. it all installs fine if I enter proxy auth details, but fails when run silently due to the proxy auth.
    It even asks for proxy auth when I set the gallery install location to be run from a network location. so there is no need to be connecting out through the proxy.
    confused.com

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread