+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Scholastic 50 Shared Texts in Technical; On some of our Dell laptops the above software launches fine and allows one of the printable resources to be ...

Thank Post

Scholastic 50 Shared Texts

On some of our Dell laptops the above software launches fine and allows one of the printable resources to be displayed, but when the "Print Resource" type button is pressed, it fails with 2 DLL errors:

"This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found"
    followed by
    "Executable (path)50shared_texts.exe had the following unrecoverable error: Could not find library MSVCP80.dll (required by C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\Trusted Drive Manager\TdmIconOverlay.dll)"

This is obviously for one of hose staff who (possibly unwittingly) makes you feel that every IT hiccup is your personal fault. I'm tempted to remove the Dell security stuff that the second error seems to refer to, but I'm worried that it may break something else (and doubt it would help with the first error).

Anyone come across this one?
    Last edited by LeMarchand; 14th March 2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Typo

Thank Post
    Just a bump as I guess it was posted when post people were on their way home!

Thank Post
    Its only one dll error TdmIconOverlay.dll is looking for but cant find MSVCR80.dll, can you copy the missing dll from another of the laptops and re register it?

Registering and unregistering .DLL files

may or may not work but worth a go?

4. Thanks to ToyHeartsFan from:

LeMarchand (15th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Already tried that, with no luck . It's one of those bits of software hat don't need installing; it should just run from the disc, so the suggestion of reinstalling the software that follows the error messages isn't much help. I have looked for a download of the Wave software without much luck.

Thank Post
    A thread I pulled up msvcr80.dll was not found - MS Office Support
    said that MSVCR80.dll is a Visual C runtime dll so it might be worth trying to download the microsoft visual c redistributable and re installing it that way.

Looking at the thread it’s a common error but it doesn’t have a single solution, some reinstalled the dll, some uninstalled security software others couldn’t fix it…

Thinking out of the box have you tried reinstalling the printer driver?

If system restore is enabled have you tried that?

It might be a case of biting the bullet and just reinstalling the laptops with the issue...

7. Thanks to ToyHeartsFan from:

LeMarchand (15th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanks, I had found some Visual C suggestions - but hadn't got around to trying re/installing. Downloading now, hopefully I picked the right one. If not, it will have to be uninstall the security software; though I was hoping to avoid that in case there were other ramifications. Not tried the printer drivers - might try before the security software, but I don't think it EVER worked on that build, so I don't think a restore will help.

e4e

Thank Post
    I know this is an old thread. But I have just had the same problem and managed to get this working on Windows 7

Right hand click on "50 shared texts" logo in the relevant drive and select "run as administrator". If this doesn't work, it's possible to run this software through internet explorer (or any other web browser) as long as they have Flash/Quicktime and Adobe Reader installed. - Navigate to the drive you have "50 shared text" in, On the disk there is a "assets" folder "docs" folder the "50 shared text" program and a "Auto run", Open the "assets" folder, Right click on the "shell" file, Select "open with", Select "internet explorer". The software should now open in "internet explorer"

10. Thanks to e4e from:

LeMarchand (9th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Cheers for the thoughts! I'm assuming I got this working as the member of staff isn't nagging about it. She's still not the happiest member of staff, though. Was quite shocked to see her smile the other day.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread