+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Microsoft School Agreement Help Needed. in Technical; Hi All, For those of you who have delaings with the school agrrements I have a couple of questions: My ...
    Thank Post

Microsoft School Agreement Help Needed.

Hi All,

For those of you who have delaings with the school agrrements I have a couple of questions:

My agreement is up for renewal at the end of July 07 and want to remove so software of the list as it has fallen out of use and I don't want to pay for software we don't use however my supplier is telling me I cannot do that, is this true??

Apparently I can only remove software that has fallen of the MS software list i.e. Class Server???

they are also telling me that I can not reduce the number of desktops that I have, originally a quantity of 500 desktops was stated and we paid around 17K for the agreement (I inhertited this from a previous person) but we only need 300 but they are saying no??

With the schools agreement you have the option of going in annually or for 3 years, this is the third year of the 3 year agreement.

Any guideance would be great.....

Thank Post

Re: Microsoft School Agreement Help Needed.

"Q. What if the number of eligible PCs increases or decreases during the licensed period?
    A.
    If the number of eligible PCs increases during the course of the licensed period, all new PCs are automatically licensed at no additional charge. If the number of eligible PCs decreases throughout the term, you will not receive a refund. When you submit your next annual order, you include the new PCs in your updated eligible count.

If you have the three-year subscription, your number of eligible PCs cannot decrease for years two and three below the year one amount."

AFAIK, after the 3 years is up you will be able to drop the number when taking out a new agreement...

http://www.microsoft.com/Education/SA3FAQ.mspx

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,648 Times in 2,049 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, you can adjust your agreement as much as you want year by year. We have increased our desktop PC's + Cals, and removed SMS server from the list. (Note, as the above user says, it depends on which year of your agreement you are in and how long the agreement is for).

If they are saying you can't, then you could simply cancel your agreement and get another one.

Thank Post

@ Netman: After speaking with a few people the site you have identified is with regards to the US of A and Canada.

UK Agreements are different in that if you wish to cancel your agreement just don't pay for it. So the opt out is not to pay for it and then setup a second one, it also helps if you have a reseller that will play ball as they need to do stuff at thier end also to make it work.

But it seems that there is a way out of this which in thoery should reduce my bill from £17K to £7.5K

Thank Post

Damn - thought I was in America again... must stop doing that...
    C'mon green card lottery... make my number come up!!

Useful to know though, thanks..

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

FrontPaige now free is this true

Hi

I am currently looking into renewing my schools agreement. So all is simple apart from the Fontpage add on.

Is Frontpage 2003 Now free as Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer which is the new name for Frontpage is now being given away free.

SharePoint Designer 2007 is available as license-restricted freeware.

So does that mean under the schools agreement I can still carry on using FrontPage 2003 but no longer have to pay for it under the agreement as a bolt on?

Can anyone confirm this

Thanks

Thank Post
    No Frontpage is now called Expression Web
    Web Overview < Product Information | Microsoft® Expression®.

There is another product that is sort of a derivative of the old Frontpage called Sharepoint Designer but that is solely for the design of SharePoint pages and not for generic web design.

You will need to license your school for Expression Web if you want to continue to use Frontpage (or upgrade to the newer product).

Think cost of Expression Web is around £2 - £3 per machine under a Microsoft School Agreement.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread