+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, PhotoStory 3 and Mandatory Profiles in Technical; I'm having an issue opening Photostory 3 on some XP workstations when using an account with a mandatory profile. Photostory ...
    Thank Post

Unhappy PhotoStory 3 and Mandatory Profiles

I'm having an issue opening Photostory 3 on some XP workstations when using an account with a mandatory profile. Photostory works fine for domain admin and a non-mandatory profile account, but i get the following error when trying to launch it from the Start Menu:

"Files required to run Photo Story are missing or corrupted. Please reinstall"

I've tried re-creating the local profile - no joy.

Edited the mandatory profile as per the Edugeek Wiki instructions, loading Photstory successfully with the MPM account then saving the profiles ammending the NTUSER.man appropriately - no joy.

Reinstalled it - still no joy!

Any ideas?

Thank Post
    No idea, but we are using Photostory 3 with mandatory profiles and haven't had any problem. XP Prof SP3 workstations (lots of them). Why is it failing just on some machines? Have you tried deleteing cached profiles on the machines? Just a wild stab guess... Probably wrong...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    No idea, but we are using Photostory 3 with mandatory profiles and haven't had any problem. XP Prof SP3 workstations (lots of them). Why is it failing just on some machines? Have you tried deleteing cached profiles on the machines? Just a wild stab guess... Probably wrong...
    Thanks for your reply. Its not working on 2 different workstations that i was able to test it on, one established XP desktop and one newly configured XP laptop, there are 40+ more machines in school so i'd assume its the same with this profile on them. I deleted the local cached profile, still the same. I'll take a look at the GPO settings, some were established before i started supporting at this site.

Thank Post
    If it is the same on all of them, could it be an issue with permissions? Or have you tried that? Ordinary users can't usually access the C: drive. Although I don't think I had to change any permissions for Photostory here... And you said there wasn't an issue with non-mandatory profile users.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread