+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, MRBS - couple of questions in Technical; After finally managing to dedicate some time to looking at room booking software I've managed to install a MRBS but ...

Thank Post

MRBS - couple of questions

After finally managing to dedicate some time to looking at room booking software I've managed to install a MRBS but I have a copule of config questions.
    • According to the help/faq I can deisgn and customise the list of booking types. Where do I do this? I couldn't find anywhere to define this?
    • How do I enforce the "max duration of two periods" for any booking? I can't seem to get it to work.
    • Is there a way to remove the ability to create repaeat booking from non-admin users. (I have limited them to only 1 week i in advance which kind of stops it but I wondered if there were any other suggestions)
    • Has anyone done anything funky such as add in fake periods to count as "lunch" etc to help the hard of thinking who can only work out when lessons are in relation to the breaks? Was it workth it or more trouble than it's worth?

The first two are the more pressing of my questions.

Thank Post
    I've customised our MRBS beyond belief - I posted some screenshots in this thread in relation to a problem that I never did resolve! Is that funky enough for you?

To your questions - off the top of my head I think there is a systemdefaults config file (there is one which acts as the actual config which only has the settings you want to change from default, and another with all the custom parameters in that you can copy to the main config file).

You can add custom booking types in here (I think it's near the bottom) and obviously choose the colour. There is also an option in the config to disable repeat for non-admin (I have this enabled also) but I can't remember what setting it is at the moment.

Not sure about enforcing a period duration - not something I have looked into! May require custom code, but then as you can see from my efforts on our install, MRBS is highly customisable.

If noone has responded by tomorrow, i'll take a look in our config and advise the settings for booking types and non-admin repeat disabling.

3. Thanks to dgsmith from:

Stuart_C (24th January 2012)

Thank Post
    I've found the booking types and sorted that. Couldn't get rid of internal and external so just renamed them.

It does say how to enforce a maximum duration but I can't seem to make it work.
    Getting rid of repeat booking for non admins would be usefull.
    Any idead if it's possible to put the persnons's username as the default description?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Getting rid of repeat booking for non admins would be usefull.
    Can you check if you have the below in your config.inc.php?

Code:
    // If you want only administrators to be able to make repeat bookings,
    // set this variable to TRUE
    $auth['only_admin_can_book_repeat'] = TRUE;
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Any idead if it's possible to put the persnons's username as the default description?
    In edit_entry.php (line 735 in an unchanged file), change..

Code:
        echo "<div id=\"div_name\">\n";
        $label_text = get_vocab("namebooker") . ":";
        if (count($select_options['entry.name']) > 0)
        {
          generate_select($label_text, 'name', $name, $select_options['entry.name']);  
        }
        else
        {
          generate_input($label_text, 'name', $name, FALSE, $maxlength['entry.name']);
        }
        echo "</div>\n";
    to..

Code:
        echo "<div id=\"div_name\">\n";
        $label_text = "Name: ";
        echo "$label_text</td><td>";
        echo "$create_by<input type=hidden name=name value=$create_by>";
        echo "</td></tr>";

echo "</div>\n";
    Last edited by dgsmith; 24th January 2012 at 11:37 AM.

6. Thanks to dgsmith from:

Stuart_C (24th January 2012)

Thank Post
    To enforce a maximum duration of a booking, you need to add this to you config.inc.php. Is this what you did?

// Set a maximum duration for bookings
    $max_duration_enabled = TRUE; // Set to TRUE if you want to enforce a maximum duration
    $max_duration_secs = 60*60*2; // (seconds) - when using "times"
    $max_duration_periods = 2; // (periods) - when using "periods"

We added a lunch period, and before school, after school and morning break as well. I find it easier to navigate, although we get the odd person booking registration instead of period 1. Some people just don't read. Adding a period to a live system would be difficult, as you would need a bit of custom sql to move all the afternoon bookings up a period. If its just a testing system, then rename the period after lunch to be lunch, and add a period to the end of the day. Any bookings made before the change for a period after lunch will show up in the wrong slot.

Thank Post
    @Chris_cook

Yes I did do that but then it didn't seem to be enforcing. Then when I tried again it was. Odd.. but it seems to be OK. Cheers though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread