+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, SMART Notebook 10.8/Product Drivers + Windows 7 in Technical; Hi Folks, Having issues with Windows 7 and SMART Notebook 10.8 - the correct device drivers are installed via GPO ...

Thank Post

Angry SMART Notebook 10.8/Product Drivers + Windows 7

Hi Folks,

Having issues with Windows 7 and SMART Notebook 10.8 - the correct device drivers are installed via GPO with item level targeting. Issue is that now some of the units are picking up USB power (via the USB speaker hub) but not picking up the SMART product drivers (light flashes green). Intermittently users get a solid green light and are able to work ok. Users that have worked fine for several lessons are now reporting that the boards are unresponsive.

Any ideas or similar issues?

Thank Post
    Hi

I have just downloaded this version and created a mst for the msi. When I linked the gpo it started complaining that it did not like the msi but on the second try it linked. The odd thing it took an hour to load on a machine at boot when it was linked.

The other thing which is a pain is we had to manually remove the old version and then use the windows clean up tool to remove the extra bits of the driver it did not remove before the new version would install.

Richard

3. Thanks to ricki from:

iaatkinson (18th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ricki View Post
    Hi

I have just downloaded this version and created a mst for the msi. When I linked the gpo it started complaining that it did not like the msi but on the second try it linked. The odd thing it took an hour to load on a machine at boot when it was linked.

The other thing which is a pain is we had to manually remove the old version and then use the windows clean up tool to remove the extra bits of the driver it did not remove before the new version would install.

Richard
    Hi Richard,

Thank you for that - I am using clean build Win 7 Ent machines, imaged via WDS (lite-touch) then using a single GPO to apply our base software on a target basis. All seems to install fine (although yes can take 15+ mins due to volume of software) but for some reason, even though the product driver is installed and listed, the board still either stays red or flashes green. Any idea?

Ian

Thank Post
    HI

I am upgrading one teachers machine now.

The software installed ok but it took 30 mins and the board would not detect correctly it would only flash green on and off. I fixed it by putting a ps2 mouse in and both board and mouse work ok.

Richard

Thank Post
    if its like 10.7 on win7x64 he drivers wont install as they arnt signed you need to go device manager and manually point it at the c:\program files(x86)\smart techologoes\smart board drivers\drivers pnp64 folder and say yes a time or 2

7. Thanks to sted from:

iaatkinson (19th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Hi It did not need me to say yes to the driver once I changed the mouse. I have reported the problem to smart

Richard

Thank Post
    Hi,

Richard - thank you for this, I had a similar issue with 10.6 and several reg keys later the issues was sorted. 10.8 appears to be a different kettle of fish.

Sted - Interesting, I will look into that also, we are using 32bit but there does seem to a common theme.

Ian

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread