+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, MLS Connect and SIMS Import in Technical; Hi Trying to get this to work - downloaded and installed the latest version of mls connect, sims is up ...
    Thank Post

MLS Connect and SIMS Import

Hi

Trying to get this to work - downloaded and installed the latest version of mls connect, sims is up to date, try to run the report to get data from sims, everything is fine until an error message appears and the report fails. Looked on mls.net knowledge base and it refers to a fix which is to download and use the latest version of mls connect.

Error in report is -

Error: oject reference not set to an instance of an object
    Exception: system.NullReferenceException: object not set to an instance of an object.
    at groupcall.Xporter.MlsImporter.AddressType.GetAddre ssLines(AddressTypeAddress. Int32 numberOflines)

Tried running mls connect with no addresses imported and all other variations and have tried to call mls but after 30mins in a queue being told the length of queing time is now 1 minute is a bit annoying and expensive. Anyone else had any problems running this import

thanks.

Thank Post
    Now resolved - sort of - mls have sent through another lic key for the previous version of mls connect which has worked first time.

Thank Post
    I am having a problem with MLS Connect. It is installed and the job completes successfully but when I look in Eclipse - Database - Intake no students are showing in there where I would expect the new year 7 students to appear.

Also the existing students do not appear to have had their details updated as I included photo's in the export but they have not been imported either.

MLS have reported the issue to GroupCall but was wondering whether anyone experienced anything similar?

Thank Post
    As with our problem, I can't help but think it is a problem with groupcall and SIMS. Ok we had a few revisions to do in SIMS first - ie remove any students that did not arrive and give end dates to some people that had left, but apart from that all data was upto date and the previous version of mls.connect works fine. The latest version of groupcall/mls.connect still errors and seems to have a problem with some sort of address line from SIMS.

Thank Post
    Our issue is that after instaling MLS connect we went from a database size of 500mb we went to 4gig + in one week hitting the 4gig limit in SQl 2005 express, MLS have our data and are looking to see what has caused it.

Thank Post
    this size of database possibly is down to how it is logging all the changes to the DB, i think if you have it logging all transactions the size of the DB gets massive.
    i can look at how i have setup the SQL2005 instance if you like?

i dont use MLS connect as at the time we were having issues with SIMS so have been importing new users via CSV a bit fiddly but works ok.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHimmer45 View Post
    this size of database possibly is down to how it is logging all the changes to the DB, i think if you have it logging all transactions the size of the DB gets massive.
    i can look at how i have setup the SQL2005 instance if you like?

i dont use MLS connect as at the time we were having issues with SIMS so have been importing new users via CSV a bit fiddly but works ok.
    Thanks for that, but we have been using Eclipse on sql2005 with MLS connect with no issues for quite some time with the database steady at around the 500mb mark, its only with this years import of year 7 that its gone pear shaped, I am looking at Connect as the culprit.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread