+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Successmaker 1.3 to 1.7.2 sp1 - data transfer issues and questions in Technical; Hello all, I am wondering if theres anyone within edugeek able to provide help here, We have recently upgraded our ...
    Thank Post

Question Successmaker 1.3 to 1.7.2 sp1 - data transfer issues and questions

Hello all,

I am wondering if theres anyone within edugeek able to provide help here, We have recently upgraded our successmaker enterprise software from 1.3 building ourselves a new 1.7.2 sp1 installation and have had issues with data importing from one to another, ill detail below what I have done so far.

Within successmaker I have used their export utility on the 1.3 version and saved all user information with that, into an Allusers.zip file. If I then try to import the file into the new installation using the inbuilt import utility within resources it gives me an error - Data version mismatch, the import process cannot continue. If I extract out the zip file to a directory and then use File import utility in resources within successmaker, I am able to import a single file into the system so far - the users.txt so that I have all the logons in place from the old system, though this does not have any of the course data attached, just simply the logon details.

If I try to import any of the course histories with this method it fails as well, crashing successmaker out (the Maths concepts and skills history weighs in at over 8 meg again I am not sure if this is an issue because of the filesize).

What I would like to know if possible, if anyone else has done this and succeeded in importing data in this manner between two versions like this?

Is there something else I can do with the files in order to get them to import into SM ? (I see from the files themselves that they just appear to be a normal csv type text file do I need to manipulate them ? or save them in another format ?)

At present we have no RM support contract either and our budget is obviously a big issue there with that option, I have noted the solutions on their website that are greyed out pointing at possibilities of imports working, I want to know if anyone has tried any of them and could possibly verify if they have worked for them thats all and whether they would help our situation at all?

Is what I am trying to achieve here actually just not possible is also something I also seek an opinion on ?

Thanks,

-Richard

Thank Post
    I spoke to RM the other week about running SuccessMaker on Windows 7 and was told that I needed version 1.7.2 they also told me it was not possible to import data from the earlier version. They advised me to set up a standalone machine to access the old data and do a new install for 1.7.2

3. Thanks to JJonas from:

rich_tech (15th July 2011)

Thank Post
    Ok, Thanks for your reply there, much appreciated.

Both myself and my line manager had a similar inclination relating to it. I am just glad I have managed to get the users into the new system, that saves a fair bit of creation there.

Thank Post
    Handy to know I can do the login details - that will save time

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread