+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, 2Simple Software (Windows 7 Update) in Technical; I am currently installing all our junior school software onto a laptop which has been upgraded to Windows 7 to ...
    Thank Post

Question 2Simple Software (Windows 7 Update)

I am currently installing all our junior school software onto a laptop which has been upgraded to Windows 7 to test that it is all working. One thing I have come accross that is have issues is a few titles from the 2Simple collection. On their website they state that all their software is Windows 7 compliant (http://goo.gl/j3kVX) but wehen installing 2Animate I am coming up against issues.

It will install right to the end and the hang at "Registering Files". Eventually I have to go into task manager and kill the process which leaves me with a piece of software that doesn't work and also refuse's to uninstall!!

I have tried to install the DLL pack for this piece that 2Simple provide and it is failing on edcrypt30.ocx and prevdlg10.ocx. Has anyone else run into this problem or know a way around it?

Thanks in advance

Jon

Thank Post
    Hi john give 2simple support a call .. they are ace and will be able to help ...

Thank Post
    Log a case here - 2Simple Software - Making simple, powerful & creative educational software - Contact Us (or call as above), they respond pretty quick. I had a similar problem where 2createastory wouldn't work on windows 7 last week, they just emailed me a link to the latest version and it worked fine.

Thank Post
    Hi Jon

Older versions of 2Simple software do tend to have problems installing on Vista and Win7. Please send an email to support@2simple.com with your school name and email address and we'll email you download links of the latest versions of all the programs your school has licences for.

Dan

Thank Post
    While it's hanging go to task processes and there will be a tmp dll process, end it and it will complete installation. Works for me

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread