+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Mission Maker - Windows 7 - Any clues? in Technical; Hi We have Missionmaker installed on the network, but it won't seem to work with Windows 7. Has anyone got ...

Thank Post

Mission Maker - Windows 7 - Any clues?

Hi

We have Missionmaker installed on the network, but it won't seem to work with Windows 7.

Has anyone got it working?

I have tried calling Immersive Education repeatedly but just get voicemail and no call backs (have they gone under?).

Any tips or suggestions will be helpful.

Andy

Thank Post
    What's not working?

I know we got MM installed on our Win7 network, but wasn't here when they did it.

Steve

Thank Post
    Hi Steve

It loads, it runs through the motions, but as soon as you start to build a 'stage' or import 'characters', the software crashes.

Andy

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    In the same boat Andy and is potentially holding up our W7 rollout over Summer

I agree about the company - i've actually got through to them but get excuse after excuse - currently moving office!!

The bizarre thing is we actually got it working at one point and more bizarre was the way we did it - we discovered that the machines actually needed something plugged in to both the headphone and mic ports to stop the crashing.

Figured it was something to do with the onboard detection; unfortunately for whatever reason, this solution doesnt work now. Grrr!!

Sorry if this doesnt help you but its indicative of what I would call a flaky bit of software - you might also like to investigate permissions on the folders (TEMP and install) - cant help but feel its trying to write back to something

Thank Post
    We are having the same problem. Did anyone get a result on why?

Thank Post
    Hi

I contacted them (eventually) and got a fix for the software - an updated .exe file for the main part of the software. Apparently the issue is related to on-board Intel graphics cards.

Andy

7. Thanks to agibson from:

techie08 (9th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agibson View Post
    Hi

I contacted them (eventually) and got a fix for the software - an updated .exe file for the main part of the software. Apparently the issue is related to on-board Intel graphics cards.

Andy
    I got the exe off them. Thanks

Thank Post
    I'm pleased to say that we are still here but with fewer people. Apologies to anybody having trouble getting through to us but if you are using Win7 and internal Intel graphics please contact us through the website and we will send you the patch details. Having your details means that we can keep you up to date when we get rid of other "flakes".
    Gary

Thank Post
    Hi,

We have recently made the changeover to Windows 7 and seem to be experiencing the same problem. Only thing is now it seems that Immersive Education have gone under! Tried contacting them but their phone number is no longer in service...

We have all the relevant licenses, would it be possible to obtain the updated .exe form you or at least point us in the right direction?

Thanks,

Chris

Thank Post
    our problems are to do with loading a saved file from a user drive. It comes up saying there is a problem with the licence/serial number. We have the alternative .exe from them to fix the other issues.

Thank Post
    Hello, I am a Technical Support Engineer for MAGiCAL Projects. MAGiCAL Projects has acquired Immersive Education and now provides support and development for MissionMaker, Krucible Kar2ouche and MediaStage. I was pointed to this thread by a customer asking for Windows 7 support for MissionMaker. We are currently in the process of rebranding the old website and creating a new one. Contact details have been updated on the immersiveeducation.eu website and will get through to us directly. If you have any problems with the software please let us know and we will deal with any issues you have.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread