+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Alite - L2 in Technical; Has anyone been asked to install or copy this software onto their network? Alite - Learning to Learn Has anyone ...

Thank Post

Alite - L2

Has anyone been asked to install or copy this software onto their network?

Alite - Learning to Learn

Has anyone actually installed this on their network and if so could you please give me some guidance as the company only send you minimal information and leave you to get on with it?

Any help much appreciated

Thank Post

Re: Alite - L2

The version we have (now 12 months old) just ran from the disc, so copied it to a folder and ran it from there.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

We have that and it runs from the disk, we've had it since July last year, came in a posh briefcase thingy, very swankey, shame is plastered with Alite on it

Thank Post

Yep got the swanky pilot case shoved in my general direction last week for installation onto our SLT's laptops. Install is as easy as copying the contents of the cds' into a shared location and the pushing shortcuts to the machines.

Thank Post

It is bordering on the worst software I've ever seen. The main file to be used by the students for simple multiple choice type questions is an 80Mb excel file 8O Great fun over wireless

Thank Post
    Has anyone ran this on a CC3 system? This is the worst software I have ever used!!
    I'm having permission issues with teachers and students but the alite support is awful!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by graywoodford View Post
    Has anyone ran this on a CC3 system? This is the worst software I have ever used!!
    I'm having permission issues with teachers and students but the alite support is awful!!
    Yes, just done as mentioned above. Copied the CD to a shared drive and allocated the shortcuts to staff and students and allowing access in the file restrictions of the Management Console. Which one of the software titles are you trying to install or is it all of them you can't get to work?

I vaugely remember one of them needing an .ini file changing to allow a network install and to add a mail server.

Thank Post
    Hi
    Im trying to install:
    team learner
    21st centuary learner
    Ilearn2
    Irelate2
    Ilearner
    I Think2
    I have added the allow file access in management console for the software and it does run as a teacher or student but you have a profiler screen come up to start with and when they try to create or load a profile nothing happens but as systemadmin it allows you to go further as a popup screen appears saying "my documents is not a valid save location" I then choose my docs to save my profile in and it works fine. So it seems there is a permissions issue.
    Have you had this at all Sylv3r?
    Thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by graywoodford View Post
    Hi
    Im trying to install:
    team learner
    21st centuary learner
    Ilearn2
    Irelate2
    Ilearner
    I Think2
    I have added the allow file access in management console for the software and it does run as a teacher or student but you have a profiler screen come up to start with and when they try to create or load a profile nothing happens but as systemadmin it allows you to go further as a popup screen appears saying "my documents is not a valid save location" I then choose my docs to save my profile in and it works fine. So it seems there is a permissions issue.
    Have you had this at all Sylv3r?
    Thanks in advance.
    I don't remember it, and I have had a look on our server and can't find anything obvious. I would imagine, they will be an .ini file where you could edit the default saving location to the n:\ or if they is a folder on the P:\ where it is trying to save too you could manually give staff and students read / write permissions to this location.

I would run it as an admin, save in the default location then search about in the folders for the file. As above give new permissions to the folder where the file has been saved in.

Thank Post
    Hi thanks for the help but I couldn't find anything at all. Looked for an ini file to edit but not there and it is trying to save on the C:my documents instead of the N:. I will keep chasing them up and see if they can help.
    Thank you

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information