+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational Software Thread, Managing Impero in Technical; Originally Posted by russdev Well you brought a winmo 6 phone @ Russ - Totally agree, he brought a winmo ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Well you brought a winmo 6 phone
    @ Russ - Totally agree, he brought a winmo phone lol

@ John - Tried windows mobile once and I will never ever never go back to windows mobile, so in my personal opinion which I am entitled to iOS Devices are not junk. And am sure you are entitled to your opinion and that is fair enough

Either way it does not fix Impero making a winmo client - at least not yet for one person ( being yourself ).

Just curious is there anyone else who have or use a winmo phone / device, I think android seems to be more popular afaik

Thank Post
    I've just downloaded the app, but how on earth do you configure it? In the settings panel, where it asks for hostname or IP address, the phone only gives me a numeric pad to type with, so I can't enter letters nor '.' for an IP?

Thank Post
    Write it in notepad then copy and paste it in to settings > impero

Not the best way imo. :/

You will need to make a note of your iphone id that is in the same area as the ip address and enter it in server manger

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Our Iphone/Ipad software is fully notes compatible...

Ok you found our bug to say the developer in charge of said product was a little embarrassed. Anyway fixed in next release but you have to go through whole routine of getting it approved by our good friends at apple..

Russ
    Last edited by russdev; 13th June 2011 at 11:02 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Either way it does not fix Impero making a winmo client - at least not yet for one person ( being yourself ).
    There is a poll on here where I screenshotted it showing at one point during voting MORE users had a WinMob phone than an iPhone! Fine that has been overtaken but proved it was more than just me! Although it makes me feel connected to the people at Lancaster Uni seen as they have coding inside it (that they pointed out at the EG Conference this year but I already knew )

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    There is a poll on here where I screenshotted it showing at one point during voting MORE users had a WinMob phone than an iPhone! Fine that has been overtaken but proved it was more than just me! Although it makes me feel connected to the people at Lancaster Uni seen as they have coding inside it (that they pointed out at the EG Conference this year but I already knew )
    Just curious is there anyone else who have or use a winmo phone / device, I think android seems to be more popular afaik
    I did ask but never heard anyone else reply regarding having a winmo ( win mob ) type phone :P

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,679 Times in 2,272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I did ask but never heard anyone else reply regarding having a winmo ( win mob ) type phone :P
    @mac_shinobi - I do and I am not giving it up for some Apple toy, especially not because some vendor tells me to. I mirror @john 's comments, I use WM6.5 and if Impero don't support me then I don't support them. Simple as that.

There are several companies here in NZ that I have simply stoped buying stuff from because they only have Apple apps and spend as much money marketing Apple stuff as their own product. If they only want Apple faithful then that is what they can have.

Windows Mobile was and still is way more open than the iOS one, it does have its faults because it did get neglected but it did exist maybe a decade before Apple got around to it and you can't count the Newton as that was never a phone and was still predated by Palm.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 15th June 2011 at 10:34 PM.

Thank Post
    I still use a windows mobile phone (windows mobile 5) for my main phone, and also have windows mobile 6.5 on a spare phone which I've not got around to moving across to yet. Unlikely to move to Windows 7 (or android/iphone) as they're to restrictive in locking down what programs you're allowed to install (plus I've yet to see a more recent phone with a proper builtin keyboard (like the HTC universal/spv m5000) as opposed to an onscreen keyboard that takes up half the screen!

Hq.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12