+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Live@edu in Technical; I am looking into moving my school to live@edu, but before I do I would like some feedback from other ...

Thank Post

Live@edu

I am looking into moving my school to live@edu, but before I do I would like some feedback from other school who are using it and what they think?

Specifically if needed can they view a students emails and skydrive to check for bullying, offensive material? And how easy is this to do?

Also is the filters (bad language etc) any good?

Cheers

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

I do not use the service myself but past posts on here to me say that the service is very good, you have just as much control over that kind of stuff as you would do if you had your own exchange server.

I guess you have by now heard of Office 365 which is due to launch later this year, it might be worth holding out until then i believe the plan is to maybe launch near to big holiday to make migration easier for schools.

Microsoft Office 365 - Online Services & Hosted Software in the Cloud

James.

Thank Post
    We have almost 3000 students on our live@edu, must say that so far its been fine. The filtering options are pretty decent really and you can set it so that only permitted domains can send mail to the students etc. Any emails triggered by your defined filters can be copied to an admin etc.

Thank Post
    Live@Edu is a great system we have been using it mainly for staff but will be looking on moving the students away from the LEA email system.
    The control is completely in your hands and when the Microsoft 365 comes out it will be an automatic enrolment and I believe they are adding Share point free of charge to it as well.
    The sky drive is a great solution as well regarding staff laptops syncing to the school domain.

I know a local college that use it and use the single sign on option which I will be looking at when the students go on it, I believe its pretty good with the LDPA lookup. There is also a great feature for students and staff leaving where they can export there email accounts so for example if it was like bob@highschool.com if you want to export your account it will just become a hotmail account which can be useful!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    there is a many multi page thread on live@edu here. I will find the link for you in a bit

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread