+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, The Grid 2 and Switch in Technical; We currently use THe Grid 2 by Sensory Software international ltd for a student who requires use of a switch ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

The Grid 2 and Switch

We currently use THe Grid 2 by Sensory Software international ltd for a student who requires use of a switch (a button basically) to communicate with the computer,

The switch connects via USB and has been in use for a food two years without any issues however last week the switch suddenly stopped working during use. The software has 3 licensesm, one on this machine in question, another at his home and another on his laptop (not on the network btw)

The switch works fine in both his laptop as we tried it in class after this issue and at his home. I have tried a number of other USB devices in the computer in every port and all work fine, there is no notification of the switch being detected on this troubled computer but on every other computer (and those without Grid on) a notification of device connection poped up

Any ideas why? All drivers seem fine, USB work fine on everything else and the switch/device itself functions fine.....

Thank Post
    Sounds to me like you need to reinstall the drivers for the switch. I had to do that a few days ago.

Could also be a setting in The Grid 2. I seem to remember that you need to select the input device for each user in it, which it forgets for me quite regularly. Have you given that a try?

Neil
    Wren Spinney Community Special School
    Last edited by neilmunn; 16th February 2011 at 03:02 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes Ive reinstalled the drivers and still the problem remains. Ive send a diagnostics log to sensory software and they know what is causing the issue and will correct it via team view remote connection (included on the grid disc) We were originally planning to do this after school hours as its our main ICT room and in use all day but unfortunately due to problems outside our control the internet connection for alot of county was down from 2.30>

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread