+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Sibelius 6.2 help needed to create package for RM CC3 in Technical; I'm trying to create an RM CC3 package for Sibelius 6.2, there is no msi with this version so i've ...

Thank Post

Sibelius 6.2 help needed to create package for RM CC3

I'm trying to create an RM CC3 package for Sibelius 6.2, there is no msi with this version so i've tried creating a package with RM application wizard 2.33.0 but whilst the package is building it throws up a few errors about not being able to copy some .net framework files, so I chose to ignore them and copy them across once the package had finished building. It finishes off the package with no other errors but the package fails to install when allocated to a workstation.

Anyone had any success with this or have any suggestions? I know I could probably install it locally on every machine but obviously i'd rather not do this.

Thank Post
    I have it installed fine. I think I had to hand edit out the .Net files from the completed MSI. If I remember rightly I would install, check Event Viewer, adjust the package according to the error and then tried again.

It is possible though

Thank Post
    I don't know how much difference there is between version 6 and 6.2 However, I just used the msi on the CD ... created a folder and ini file, copied the msi into it, updated the package list. I created a custom registry file with the server, serial number etc in and applied that via the RMMC. I just had to build a seperate package for the "essentials".

Thank Post
    Have you contacted Sibelius? They are usually on the ball with RM CC3 or 4 and have, in the past, sent me the package RM ready. As mentioned, all I had to do was import it and send out a reg frag with the serial number.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenewman View Post
    I don't know how much difference there is between version 6 and 6.2 However, I just used the msi on the CD ... created a folder and ini file, copied the msi into it, updated the package list. I created a custom registry file with the server, serial number etc in and applied that via the RMMC. I just had to build a seperate package for the "essentials".
    Unfortunately there is no msi with 6.2 they did away with it as it was apparently causing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by clareq View Post
    Have you contacted Sibelius? They are usually on the ball with RM CC3 or 4 and have, in the past, sent me the package RM ready. As mentioned, all I had to do was import it and send out a reg frag with the serial number.
    Yes I have contacted Sibelius, but i've not had any solutions from them yet. I'm trying them again now but always on hold for a long time.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    I have it installed fine. I think I had to hand edit out the .Net files from the completed MSI. If I remember rightly I would install, check Event Viewer, adjust the package according to the error and then tried again.

It is possible though
    I did have a feeling the problem was caused by .net framework, how did you remove the .net from the msi or stop it from installing? i'm not familiar with editing msi's

Thank Post
    Did anybody get anywhere with a Sibelius 6.2 Package?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    Did anybody get anywhere with a Sibelius 6.2 Package?
    I gave up in the end and installed it locally, wasn't so bad for me as I only needed it on 15 workstations.

Thank Post
    After digging around all morning its now working, so for future reference if you run the exe with /silent and then just push out the registry fragments via group policy from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sibelius Software on a machine you have installed and popped the key settings in.

Thank Post
    How did you guys push the exe installer out? I need to do this as well, although on Win7 not CC3 but the principle could well be the same for both...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread