+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Anybody installed Adobe CS5 yet? in Technical; Hi all. We are trying to install Adobe CS5 on our CC3 network - what a nightmare!! It seems that ...

Thank Post

Anybody installed Adobe CS5 yet?

Hi all.

We are trying to install Adobe CS5 on our CC3 network - what a nightmare!! It seems that Adobe have changed the way they made their web programs work and that different rights are required on the C: drives. If a user is an admin, all CS5 aps work fine, if the user is a teacher or student, the apps fail! You need to provide right access to several folders (one in Documents / All Users and the other in Program Files / Common Files / Adobe). I've done this but I still cant get students to run Flash or Dreamweaver.

Has anybody out there come across this yet - or am I the first? We are running on a CC3 network.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Best thing first off is to use the Adobe Application Manager to create special MSIs - RM Communities has a thread with the following writeaccess.ini contents:

[C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe]
    Everyone=0x1301BF
    [C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\]
    SYSTEM=0x1301BF

RM Communities

Thank Post
    I can confirm that the above link/solution works a treat. Our CS5 install works fine here. The only issue we came across, was it wouldnt install on a machine that has, or had previously had installed Macromedia MX.

When we brought it, was dreading the install, but found the Adobe Application Manage a life saver, having had previous issues with just Photoshop Elements.

Gary

Thank Post
    Thanks guys.

I am having real trouble with this. I have created a writeaccess.ini file and used the same settings you are proposing - at one point I used more settings while I have been trying to get this to work. Interesting what you say about not installing on a PC that has Macromedia MX on it; I have PCs that had MX installed and now have CS5 too - the install was fine (as long as I installed Adobe Air first followed by Adobe Help).

My problem is that the install only works for admins - teachers have privelleged rights on their own laptops so they can use CS5 there. If they logon on to a PC in an IT suite, CS5 wont work and it doesnt work for students either. If I make a student a privelliged user on an ICT Suite PC CS5 works so the problem has to be rights!!

I'm really stuck!

Thank Post
    We're CC4, but I created the CC3 package as instructed on Communities and then imported it. It works fine. A thing to check - if you run it first as an administrator, does it then run as a student? We had that until we added the writeaccess.ini. You need the following permissions set:
    "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Adobe" "Everyone" Modify
    "C:\ProgramData\Adobe" "Everyone" Modify
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD" "Everyone" Modify

Thank Post
    I'm getting the right hump now!!! I've looked at the settings you have used, and mine are the same!! I've even just added a value for "C:" - Everyone Modify to the writeaccess.ini and it still wont work!! I've logged onto the PC and manuallly set these values too under an Admin account - still no good!! Do I need to Add anything in under Software Restrictions? Like the folder path and the exe path?

Are there any registry settings / permissions that need to be changed?

many thanks,
    Last edited by brahma; 12th January 2011 at 05:33 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread