+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Boxford in Technical; We have a CAD/CAM machine from a company called Boxford having put the software on the CAD/CAM PC. The head ...
    Thank Post

Boxford

We have a CAD/CAM machine from a company called Boxford having put the software on the CAD/CAM PC. The head of technology would now like it available in the D+T computer suite. This is so students can see if they have any mistakes before they are machined.
    Problem: I have tried everything to get it to work across our network and nothing seems to do it even spoke to Boxford but had no luck there.
    My only option unless someone here knows away is to manual install it on every machine which would be a really time consuming pain
    Does any one have any experience and can help please.....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Boxford

Which boxford package is it? Vrmilling is a MSI file install here, though they usually send a single user version with each machine.

Will see if we have it installed here.

Rob Keeling

Thank Post

We had to resort to manually installing it but it was only for 10 PCs in the D&T Suite. That was about 2 years ago though.

Thank Post

yeah sorry its Boxford CAD/CAM Design tools Version 3 - 4

Thank Post

Only just seen this post I am doing a network install today but I am using Version 10 which Boxford sent to me on request. The sever install is quite straight forward although the client side requires an exe to be run on each client machine.

Maybe you can contact them and get Version 10

Thank Post

Hello

Just done this. All you have to do, is install the boxford cad/cam stuff on a server. Then you have to run the netadmin exe on the server and go through the config (ie, serial ports (only effective when running boxford from a PC connected to a piece of manufacturing eqiuipment), CAD, G+M paths). Dont forget to set the "administrator" and "power user" passwords.

Now here's the important bit. If you want to also run simulations and manufacturing on the client PC's, you need to share the folder as "Program Files" - yes I know! Shocking! Eg:

\\server\Program Files\Boxford

Then your clients just need a shortcut adding that runs \\server\Program Files\Boxford\V10frontend.exe

Thank Post
    Has anyone got Boxford running on Vista successfully over the network? Emailed their "technical support" and they say it wont run on Vista end off It does run but Simulations just crash the program

I've tried the compatibility tab but it seems this wont work with stuff that is on a network share

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    local install here I have a ghost AI install which I used to run after the image was applied, I have now bundled it with the latest image.

Thank Post
    Local install.. thought as such

Thanks

Thank Post
    We also tried it over the network, but as it was only going to be on less than 10 PC's a local install was much easier.

Thank Post

CadCam Boxford A3-HSRi2

Quote Originally Posted by sippo View Post
    We also tried it over the network, but as it was only going to be on less than 10 PC's a local install was much easier.
    Hi SIPPO, I know it's an old thread, but I am having issues installing boxford cadcam software on a standalone xp PC. It installs fine but it doesn't seem to run the router. I am using software evrsion version 4.35.6 and the router is a CadCam Boxford A3-HSRi2 machine. It's connected via a serial com port, using com port windows default settings.

I was wondering if I am missing anything out that's why it's not running. The router works manuaaly, i.e. I could move the axel any direction and drill through a bar of wood.

Any help wouold be appreciated as it's been a while since I've been trying to get it to work.

Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information