+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Boardworks interactive flash bits are sometimes not intercative in Technical; A few teachers here have customised some boardworks powerpoints and then give the files to students to look through at ...
    Thank Post

Boardworks interactive flash bits are sometimes not intercative

A few teachers here have customised some boardworks powerpoints and then give the files to students to look through at home (not sure if the license even covers this), this includes some of the flash based drag'n'drop activities that you get in Boardworks. I'm now being told that for some students the flash activities are not running. I imagine if they are opening them at home in something like OpenOffice it wouldn't work, but does anyone know if there are any problems with the newer versions (>2003) of MS Office? I know macro security will stop them running but if it's a home computer it would just prompt to allow the content to run wouldn't it?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 761 Posts
    In my experience, an awful lot of people are oblivious to the security warning bar that appears below the ribbon in 2007 and 2010. It was designed to be less obtrusive than in previous versions, and to deter people from the 'click OK on everything without reading it' culture, but now a lot of people just don't interact with it at all.

3. Thanks to AngryTechnician from:

morganw (20th November 2010)

Thank Post
    Hi morganw,

There are a number of things that could be wrong! Ensure your student has each of these and they should be able to view the Flash in the Boardworks presentations:

1) Flash Player 10 or higher (Internet Explorer version).
    2) A full version of MS PowerPoint (Windows version), not PowerPoint Viewer or OpenOffice.
    3) Enable the Flash content in Office 2007 or 2010 (as AngryTechnician has said).

If none of these work please send me a PM or reply on here and I'll try to do some more troubleshooting!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread