+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Educational Software Thread, Testbase in Technical; i find this software about the worst/most annoying software, i dread the day each year when a new disc and ...
    Thank Post

Re: Testbase

i find this software about the worst/most annoying software, i dread the day each year when a new disc and codes arrive

time it was turned into a flash based program that could be run on a network

2. Thanks to farmerste from:

Oops_my_bad (6th July 2008)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

time most educational apps were developed into webbased for easy deployment, ho hum.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by farmerste
    Even THEY manage to break when a new version of flash is released. I e-mailed a company a few weeks back about their program not working in anything above flash player 7 and they ignored me

Thank Post

Right this is where i am at (before i cam across this post :-( )

I read the network install instructions and installed all KS3 Science, English and Maths to the network folder. I had all the shortcuts on my desktop and the examp.ini file in the Windows folder. It runs perfect on my machine so i thought it would be a matter of copy the ini and the shortcuts with a vb script to all the machines that need th access the software......how wrong could i be.........!

I tried it and quickly found out about the Active X problem. I too like many of you cant believe you have to visit every bloody machine ot do this and to be honest i refuse to.

I would like to hear from fellow poster on this topic about what you did and how.

1, Did you create the msi to deploy by do a snapshot of the standalone package and then dploy it to the machines that need it?

2, I'd like to know more or even receive the contents of the zip file that you were emailed. Simply becasue i have scripts that would not only deploy the files but also register the ocx files as well which i presume i would not have to visit each machine then.

All help needed please.

Thank Post

I hate to say this, but I just gave up in the end and went to every computer to install the activex control. Fortunately I only had 30 or so computers to install it on.

And guess what? They never use it.

Thank Post

And guess what? They never use it.
    Why do i get the feeling this is going to happen here as well.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,921 Posts
    Blog Entries

We have it but we don't use it over the network - the staff just use it on their laptops somehow. They've never mentioned wanting it on any of the workstations. I guess I'm just lucky. Now must get back to thinking how to kit out an ICT suite with 34 all in one pc's that attach to wall brackets for below £20k, complete with new furniture and new wiring...

Thank Post

We have it but we don't use it over the network - the staff just use it on their laptops somehow. They've never mentioned wanting it on any of the workstations
    Same for me but i have over 30 staff laptops to install it on and don't fancy doing it manually when i can script it or do it through GPO

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,921 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ah, but I don't even do that. The staff that use it come and get it and install it themselves For some reason I was left out of the loop with this program and have not been asked anything about it...

Thank Post

Your lucky.

Thank Post

I used MaSaI editor. I didn't repackage it, i just added the files it said in the guide, then added the ini file.
    First of all I'd like to thank eean for pointing this software out.

Now, I tried to repackage using Discoz from the 2000 disc which i have used many times but with no luck. I then downloaded the MaSai editor and i did repackage it with this. I first tried to deploy the new package through GPO but when i tried to run the newly deployed application it failed with a no licence error. I then went to edit the new package and realised it did not contain the exapmpro.ini file which it must have failed to pick up in the snapshot. I then manually added the ini file to the msi and repackaged using MaSai editor.

I am pleased to say i now have a full working, fully deploy-able msi for Testbase KS3 Maths

@eean Did you purchase the software or do you just use the limited version?

Thank Post

I have installed this successfully - Though I did have a headache before

Need a hand - give me a shout...

I have also got a ActiveX msi for Flash Player 7 if anyone wants it.

Thank Post

I tried to repackage KS3 Science today and have had no luck. I used MaSai editor again which i used to succesfully package KS3 Maths but Science just wont work.

Any suggestions?

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post

Wierd, I stuck the network install on the server and created a bat file to copy over the ini file during startup, stuck a shortcut to the UNC location and it just worked.

Thank Post
    Right... Took me a bit of working out to realise where the repacking was being done so I've done a quick paraphrase or summary.

1. Get the network instructions for testbase in the PDF folder on the disk
    2. Follow steps 1. and 2. in those instructions.
    3. Now repack the Button_B.exe process

Having looked at the VBS script they've provided I have to wonder what they've been smoking to think that anyone would be seriously out of their tree enough to put an administrator login in there and just leave it in the netlogon for all to read. Hello!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information