+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Digital Blue Error Code 39 in Technical; Hi Guys, I've got two laptops that both have the same error (see screenshot) the error indicates im missing a ...
    Thank Post

Digital Blue Error Code 39

Hi Guys,

I've got two laptops that both have the same error (see screenshot) the error indicates im missing a direct show codec, I've contacted Digiblue Support who pointed me to this codec pack Ligos Indeo Codec.

This doesnt work either, so I've contacted them again and they've said to remove a certain windows update KB975560. and it still didnt work!

Has anyone else seen this issued and resolved it? Im a little sick of Digiblue's predefined template responses and would like some real help ^_^

Thanks in advance

ps hope your enjoying your summer (if you have one, unlike moi)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DriftGrant; 18th August 2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: whoops didnt att the screenshot

Thank Post
    I'm also having that problem in one of my schools. So far I can get it working if I wipe and reinstall the software and then plug the camera in after starting the program. But then logging in as a student and doing the same thing works, until you reboot the computer and then it fails.

Thank Post
    * Switch on the Camera when it’s not connected to the PC

* Hold down the Resolution button on the camera.

* Plug in the camera while still holding the Resolution button.

* You will notice a new drive mounted in your 'Computer' folder called 'Removable Disk'.

* Double-click to open it, then open the 'DCIM' folder > '100MEDIA' folder.

* You can now drag the movies out of that folder and into any location you wish, double click the files individually to view them.

4. Thanks to Jamesdavid3 from:

JamesG (31st January 2011)

Thank Post
    I'm having a the same problem as OP, I will try the workaround as listed above but due to the user invlovled, I would really like the software to work as intended. Anyone have any updates on this? I cant get at the machine until this afternoon, so if there are any extra drivers/software to install I would like to be able to downloaded it before then if possible.

Thank Post
    If its to get movies off, just do as suggested or if its to use for stop motion animation dump the software and use Helium Frog software (free). You'll spend more time with the software trying to solve it than is worth it really.

Thank Post
    Well the idea was to show demonstrate how the software works, little bit of a problem when it doesn't

I installed the software last week, but due to not having the camera all I could do was launch it. Problem comes when the camera is connected and this error message pops up. It's such a long time since I used digi blu, and I dont remember having this problem before.

I'll try and see if by transferring the files over using the above method will good enough.

Thank Post
    i found a way to fix that but i was going to give all the students Admin level.. so i get some free open source software its poo but it works. just..

Thank Post
    The error message still shows under the admin account too for me. But I will look a little closer if I get time now...

Thank Post
    OK, quick update, I have just tried the software again and got the same error message. However by selecting one of the other options in the top left (showreel?) and then going back to the camera allows the software to work. Strange, but I've left it like this as a workaround for now, as the teacher needs it for next session and I'm not sure they will be taking too many sessions on the software so dont want to spend too long playing around with something not used.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread