+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Digital Blue issue on CC4 in Technical; Hi, i have a really strange problem with the digital blue software and cameras. I am using version 3.1.1 and ...

Thank Post

Digital Blue issue on CC4

Hi, i have a really strange problem with the digital blue software and cameras.

I am using version 3.1.1 and i am installing the software lacally on machines on a CC4 network. These machines are being accessed through the systemadmin account so have full permissions.

When i load the software with the camera linked to the usb port i get an error message saying

"An error has occurred. make sure the camera is connected, then try restarting the application. If you are still having problems, disconnect your camera, reboot your computer, then reconnect your camera. (39)
    ***Direct Shot error:No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection.***"

I have followed these instructions and have even reinstalled the program but this error message still comes up. One or two machines finally get the camera to work but end up freezing and loosing all the work done.

I have one all the latest versions of flash, quicktime, and shockwave players installed.

I have one machine that works in the classroom which is the teacher computer and the only difference between that machine and the rest of the class is the teacher machine has a Pentium Dual-core E5200 CPU and the rest of the machines are running AMD Athlon 2650e processors.

I have spoken to the company who sent me the latest version of the software which has done nothing.

has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any ideas how to fix please!!

ajs

Thank Post
    There was a thread on RM Communities recently and in the end the solution that proved most effective was to uninstall a particular MS Quartz security update.

Since CC4 delivers MS updates via WSUS, I would imagine it would be a case of declining the relevant update (called XP SP2 and SP3 Quartz Security Update KB977935 on CC3, although the actual KB of the specific update is 975560).

If you wanted to try manually uninstalling the update to see if the problem goes away then the uninstaller should be available in C:\windows\$NtUninstallKB975560$\spuninst (you may find the directory is called $NTUninstallKB975560_0$ instead).

Thank Post
    Thanks, i've tried this on a few of the machines but still no change.

ajs

Thank Post
    I did have some success with machines that would work if you waited for at least 15 seconds after plugging the cameras in before you launched the software (and even then you usually had to launch it twice - the first time produced the Direct Show Error 39 message)

My only other suggestion then is to get Windows Media Player 11 onto the network and then use Movie Maker and the cameras in USB Mass Storage mode (thus avoiding the lovely Digi Blue software entirely). The only downside from this is that you can't (with movie maker to the best of my knowledge) do stop motion nor easily use the effects from Digi Blue.

Thank Post
    Thanks ajs, i've tried to give the machines 15 seconds and have rebooted and reconnected the cameras in different combinations but still no luck. I'm rebuilding and old machine at the moment which has a celeron processor to see if it works with that. if it does i face changing about 8 machines and upgrading the old ones to 1gb ram. The movie maker idea would be great but the children are doing stop start animation. maybe i could find some other stop start animation software and try that.

ajs

Thank Post
    There is an application called Monkeyjam which (when it works) is pretty good : http://www.giantscreamingrobotmonkey...jam/index.html
    Last edited by ajs; 2nd July 2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Fix URL

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    There is an application called Monkeyjam which (when it works) is pretty good : http://http://www.giantscreamingrobo...jam/index.html
    i would avoid monkeyjam, i had big trouble with it this year. could not export the file. it was such a pain.

Thank Post
    The link isn't working. I've found this Clay Animator How To Site: Free Stop Motion Animator Program which seems to work ok so as a last resort i might see if the class wants to try it.

ajs

Thank Post
    I've fixed the link now if you want to give Monkeyjam a try but I'd avoid it really and see how the Clay Animator works for you.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread