+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Mobile Educational Software in Technical; Hi all, I have been recommend by Joedetic (university house mate) to post a question on here with regards to ...

Thank Post

Question Mobile Educational Software

Hi all,

I have been recommend by Joedetic (university house mate) to post a question on here with regards to the use of mobile technology, specifically with an emphasis on educational uses, and its real world use.

The reason I ask is that i'm looking for some domain research for my final year project - by this I mean some examples of its uses in the domain of Education. I am looking to collate a few examples of how mobile devices (phones, PDAs, laptops, GPS devices, etc) and software have been married to help students and teachers in and out of the class room.

Any comments would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for any help in advance! - Matt

Thank Post
    Hello,

A fellow project student! I'm doing a Masters part time and in the final year doing my dissertation. I feel your pain :-)

You might want to do a survey with a list of possible applications and see how many use which ones and then an other box for additional ones you haven't thought of.

The obvious one is that laptops can access our virtual learning environment (VLE).
    E-mails forwarded to mobiles.

Desktop PCs remain the norm for in classroom (I teach IT units) and off campus material is made available online but I don't really care what device they choose to access it. I think it would be good to look at what the students want.

Hope this is of some use.

Tim

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread