+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Educational Software Thread, Is anyone using www.schooltrends.net/ in Technical; Is anyone using this company for your web site. I have been asked to look into this company for using ...
    Thank Post

Is anyone using www.schooltrends.net/

Is anyone using this company for your web site. I have been asked to look into this company for using them to do one of our local Schools websites for their Sports Partenships.

From whati can gather i thing they mainly focus on Sports COlleges and Specials Sports Co-ordinations.

Can anyone give me any feedback on them please?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Is anyone using www.schooltrends.net/

One of the sites in their portfolio doesn't validate against the W3 and parts of the pages don't display properly in FF2/Win.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post

Just checked it webman, i see what you mean......!

Anyone else used them?

Thank Post

can i ask that no one touches them with a barge pole.

We had our website done by bluespheres who are now school trends and they must be one of the worst companies i have ever dealt with.

At my last school and at this school, there support is non apparent. they always try to con you when you buy the product, they offer you an additioaal years worth of support but its not worthy of anything.

STAY AWAY!!!

Thank Post

Another great thing about being able to post comments about companies like this on a forum as popular and closely related as this one, is that the company themselves will no doubt spot the comments and if they are at all professional, try and do something about it.

Thank Post

The backend is somewhat easy to use if you ONLY use there software, if you like to mix up and add your own HTML it gets messy. They are currently "working" on IE7/Firefox/Mozilla complianace but ill beleve that when I see it.

There sales are second to non they could sell snow to Eskimos but there support is shocking! It takes weeks to get simple things done! People come and go from the company so often even there own staff dont know who they are working with!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

The backend is somewhat easy to use if you ONLY use there software, if you like to mix up and add your own HTML it gets messy.
    Sounds like Frontpage!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Edenalig
    They are currently "working" on IE7/Firefox/Mozilla complianace but ill beleve that when I see it.
    I don't understand that. Any company who claims they do "professional" website design surely must include cross browser compatibility? Otherwise how can it possibly be professional? I always considered cross browser compatibility to be a major factor in designing a website. Any company who misses that bit out must be ripping you off, they are cheating and hoping you won't realise?

Seems to have some basic sercuity issues.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I'm amazed :shock:

Thank Post

What the heck does that give access to? Everytime I try I get taken to a template admin area, but not for that site I tried it on. I will e-mail them and tell them if it is a big security flaw, but only if someone who tried it can access the backend of the live websites.

I think it is something they give out anyway as a demo?

Thank Post

It seems someone's caught on, as admin / admin worked a few minutes ago, but now it's not being recognised. Either that or someone here was feeling evil and changed the admin passwords :twisted:

Thank Post

Yeah - I realised that account had full access to every single website on there. I saw a list of user accounts - one for each website. I could edit passwords etc. Not good, so I phoned their technical support. I have also e-mailed them to confirm. Appears they have responded though, which is good news.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Folks ... if you spot a security hole can you please not post it on here immediately. Please feel free to say that you have found on but make an attempt to contact the company and warn them.

If anything was to happen to the sites we do not want a naff company coming back and trying to sue EduGeek or any members (which would be stupid really ... and would obviously mean that *everyone* would want to use their product!)

This has been a common sense announcement on behalf of the "is it Christmans yet?" party ...

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook
    Folks ... if you spot a security hole can you please not post it on here immediately. Please feel free to say that you have found on but make an attempt to contact the company and warn them.

If anything was to happen to the sites we do not want a naff company coming back and trying to sue EduGeek or any members (which would be stupid really ... and would obviously mean that *everyone* would want to use their product!)

This has been a common sense announcement on behalf of the "is it Christmans yet?" party ...
    Yeah, thats why I phoned them. I'm pretty sure none of us on here would do any damage, but I was worried that some student lurking around the site might eventually see it and find it funny to deface them.

The password was changed immediately after I spoke to one of their technical support, I'm guessing therefore it was them that changed it. He seemed a bit shocked himself as I was talking to him, I guess he assumed I had hacked into the site or something. I e-mailed them to confirm afterwards, but not received a reply yet.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information