+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Educational Software Thread, Report Assist in Technical; It doen't do this currently, but if you PM me with you r number, I'll call you and I'll see ...
    Thank Post
    It doen't do this currently, but if you PM me with you r number, I'll call you and I'll see if I can sort it out for you.

Thank Post
    Been away from Report Assist for three years, but would like to get back in to reports I saved at the time. In view of your last paragraph, ComputingData, is there a way of being reminded of a password, which I have forgotten ? People have changed at my school, so there may be noone there who remembers. Would a password have been logged anywhere else other than at my school ?

Thank Post
    I've sent tou a PM

4. Thanks to laserblazer from:

Hiyawatha (19th May 2010)

Thank Post
    Hiyawatha: The password usually used for ReportAssist was 'domino', the admin password was 'shine'. The turtle.mbd file was a passworded MS-Access database - the password is either 'merlin27' or 'lancelot' (there may be more, but MS-Access uses XOR password encryption and it takes only 30 seconds to figure it out in your head!).

I think, but I'm not to sure that even if you changed the password, the original one still worked. If not just access teh database directly using the passwords above and look in the reports table for your work.

Thank Post
    Many thanks to laserblazer and to ComputingData. I tried "domino" with instant success to enter the old files. Saved me a lot of time asking around the office etc. V. grateful.

Thank Post
    @ComputingData - quick question if you are around. We have a couple of users who are writing reports on their own laptops at home but they don't have internet access set up on them. I've downloaded Reportplus from the website onto a memory stick and installed the software for them via that. Then I've popped the school settings onto a memory stick too and loaded those.

The step we haven't completed is Validating the software by entering the school Licence name and the username / password because this is obviously the bit that requires the internet access. So far the teachers appear to be OK writing and saving the reports. But will the fact that we have missed out the validation step cause any problems, either with the report writing or when we come to collate all the reports together?

Thank Post
    The validate will remove the 'watermark' on printing, it also allows you to paste OUT of the program and export to a word style file (an RTF). The validated username is the 'area' on our servers that any upload pupil file will be saved to.

If the computers are validated once, then they remain validated until the end of August (even without an Internet connection) - they will have a green 'lock' with a red 'lock hinge' if they are validated with no Internet.

Thank Post
    ComputingData or laserblazer: I have started to get into ReportPlus. Am trying to set up a bank of my own favourite statements in each of the different subjects. So far I have been able to write in a bunch of statements, but they transfer themselves on each move to a different subject. Is there a way to open a new list for each different subject please ?

Thank Post
    Not currently - I think you are the first to request this. You can structure the list of favourites if you like though like a 'tree'. Just right-click the list and 'insert', make it a 'heading' rather than a 'statement'. Then you can 'drag' statements into the folder by pressing SHIFT then click and hold the left mouse button above the statement then move the mouse to the folder. Then release the left mouse button and the shift key. Use CTRL if you want to copy rather than move. I'll investigate ways of expanding this so that the 'tree' could expand to a heading that is the same as the current subject or something? What do you think?

Thank Post
    C/D, Many thanks - I'll try that and let u know .....

Thank Post
    To ComputingData:
    Your tip was extremely useful. I'm not sure I understood it completely and haven't found a way of dragging stuff around effectively yet, but I took up your idea of the tree within the statements area and found that I could simply add in the statements I wanted (my own as well), including Headings of each different subject with their own list of individual personal comments.
    Many thanks for saving me hours of stress.
    Not very good at working out how the Edugeek website works yet, but would like to record THANKS in large bold colour ....... Hiyawatha

Thank Post
    no problem.

Are you going to the Edugeek conference in June? I will be there, so if you need some more help, take some notes about what you may want in the program and I'll try to help and/or add it.

-Anthony

Thank Post
    Anthony, I have a confession - I am not the teacher in this household, tis 'er indoors wot is being driven slowly demented by what education is becoming these days - ticks, targets and endless bits of paper. Simply so that we can keep our heads above water, I try to supply a bit of back-up where I can. I found your website by accident - a happy accident - and it has proved invaluable in getting to grips with ReportPlus, which was handed to the school staff with no introduction, no training and no warning. "Just get on with it yourselves" they were told. So, if you're under 30 or computer friendly, you survive - if not, you have hours added to an already full workload and doing stuff of no educational benefit to the children whatsoever. It must be going on all over the country but, unlike the French, we just put up with it.
    Thanks to you, I think we might be seeing the light at the end of the reports tunnel for this year. By next year, of course, Michael Gove will have changed everything once again - but by then we may have imploded .....................

Thank Post
    I know it is getting pretty crazy, it's not just the ticks, targets and forms, but it's not just that - some Local Authoriities seem to be going either power mad or paranoid and blocking virtually all access to the Internet (for teachers!!!) unless they know about it first, even then they usually won't let them access a site that has a forum (of any kind). Some are even a bit funny about letting them access a site that has a user submittable FAQ section! A lot have bought into systems on behalf of their school - like 'caching proxy servers' that are designed to speed up Internet access, but because they have so many teachers accessing them with so many protection methods in place, turning off this proxy system leads to a dramatic increase in speed! A lot of the proxy systems are also 'buggy' in that they don't check to see if a file has been updated and cache old files - this appears to depend of the extension name of the file with executables being the worst affected. A lot are stuck with them with huge payment and support plans over a number of years - taking up all the combined technology grants from all schools in the area! Some LAs block the transfer of files over the Internet and also will not allow memory sticks to be accessed from a school computer and still expect the teacher to be able to work from home!!! It's the big brother "nanny" state gone mad. Hopefully now, there looks like a bit of sanity has arrived with the ability for some schools to be split from the LA.

Sorry about the rant... I should start a blog!

Thank Post
    My little personal problems with reports pale into insignificance ........ Let's hope the new regime will improve things and we find that we have emerged, blinking, into the broad, sunlit uplands next year.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast