+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational Software Thread, Smartboard Software with PowerPoint 2003 in Technical; HI naturalbornchaos I have 'similar' issues with our SmartBoard software using PowerPoint 2003. So far, the problem is with any ...

Thank Post
    HI naturalbornchaos

I have 'similar' issues with our SmartBoard software using PowerPoint 2003.

So far, the problem is with any user, on more than 1 computer with the latest version of SmartBoard software.

Initially, we thought it was linked to the PPT files being originally created on 2007 version then opened on version 2003. But this was not conclusive.

The only workaround we have found so far is to advise the teachers to open SMART Notebook software first, then open the PPT through that.

It does sound like a SMART software issue, I may have to contact Steljes (UK).

Thank Post
    OK, we may have narrowed it down. I have another user experencing the same issue.

Everything was working fine this a.m.

He was running SmartReponse version 2.1.307.0.

He was prompted to upgrade.

Upgraded to SmartResponse v2.5.39.0

Immediately[/U] after the upgrade he began experiencing problems with PowerPoint. Specifically while it is in Presentation mode. It seems to be an issue with something in the Ink layer.

I have yet another e-mail into Smarttech. Hopefully they will actually read this one.

Thank Post
    I thought I would update this thread, although I don't have a resolution yet. I spent about 3 hours on the phone w/ Smarttech tech support, and had them remotely to one of our laptops a few weeks ago. All of their suggestions for fixing this issue failed. They acknowledge that there is an issue, and claim to have experienced it on their end, but don't have a solution. So today I wiped a laptop and did a clean install of XP, all updates, Office 2K3 and updates. That was it, nothing else. I then installed the Smart Classroom Suite, thinking (hoping) that the newest version on a clean install would not exhibit the slowness in PowerPoint. But of course, it did. I'm 99.9% sure it is not the Board, as it works fine with a laptop that has the older version of the software on it. I still think it has something to do with the latest version of Smart Response (see my post above). I'm not sure that Smarttech even reads my e-mails. When I explained the problnem I was having on a laptop with a clean install, their suggestion was to run a utility to remove any previous versions of the Smartboard software.
    This is very frustrating, I need to get this ironed out a.s.a.p. as I am in the process of building my images for next year.

Thank Post
    I have just come across the same issue.

Will try going back to the earlier version tomorrow.

is there a way to roll back the software in smart its self of just un-install and install the older version?

Thanks

Thank Post
    hey Stevnw, there is a way to roll back. If you contact smart support they "should' be able to help you out. They have instructions as well as some utilites for removal and registry cleaning. I say 'should" because they still have not resolved the issue. I have done everything they asked several times, no change. Even on a clean install of XP (from CD) and Office (from CD) with NOTHING else on the laptop the problem persists. Smart supports admits that there seems to be a problem with the ink aware layer but are unwilling or unable to fix it. Good luck!

Thank Post
    I have managed to fix one PC by un-installing the newer software and installing the old version. then disabling auto update. Iv just been informed of another PC with the same problem.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 728 Posts
    After having the same issue I found that disabling powerpoint under the ink aware setting made the problem go away.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12