+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, LL4Schools: anyone using this? in Technical; Anyone using this? It is marketing itself as a site for schools to do safe social networking. I think it ...
    Thank Post

LL4Schools: anyone using this?

Anyone using this? It is marketing itself as a site for schools to do safe social networking. I think it is based on elgg software?? They create users from your csv, so they say they are traceable, and they say E2BN recommend them. Not too bad a price for primary at 175 a year for 500 users. I appreciate some of you out there have used elgg to create your own site, but this will also allow us to interact safely with other registered schools (so it claims), and I really don't have the hours to be creating something from scratch. And our Learning Platform is...:censored

Thank Post
    I still won't trust it. Only when I can see the source and I can run it on my own server will our data even get near it.

edit: Hmm, I see the source to elgg itself is open. I might set it up...
    Last edited by powdarrmonkey; 24th February 2010 at 11:56 AM.

Thank Post
    The actual elgg software is open source. I think LL4Schools acts as a hosting agent, really. They claim that it is safer because user organisations have to register with them and then they validate the registration and stay in control of the user accounts. It doesn't look as if it is moderated though... I just wondered if anyone was using it so I can get an idea of whether it is worth pursuing or not (head is quite keen).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information