+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Educational Software Thread, SmartBoard in Technical; Has anyone got a working MSI or CC3/CC4 package for Smart Notebook Software 10.6 before I venture into making one? ...

Thank Post

SmartBoard

Has anyone got a working MSI or CC3/CC4 package for Smart Notebook Software 10.6 before I venture into making one? I'm wondering if I could just login as administrator, run the upgrade on the version we have, and that would work. I've got the paths etc it needs setup as an argument for installation so I would assume the upgrade would continue to use these values.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking a new MSI/Package would be better since it'll have the latest drivers also as I have a seperate .mst for these.

rad
    Thank Post
    Not V 10. Is RM now supporting it?

Thank Post
    Not yet, although it is on my list - I would have thought it is fairly straightforward using the Admin Toolkit thingy to create an appropriate MST file though. If it needs more tweaking than that, it will have to wait a few weeks.

Thank Post
    Wasn't aware of the admin toolkit. I will take a look.

Thank Post
    Hi,

Just to let you know there isn't an Admin Toolkit MSI version for Notebook 10.6 just yet, only the setup wrapper version with the drivers on the standard Notebook dowload page.

I'll give SMART a nudge and make sure it goes on ASAP. If you do develop a version for CC3/CC4 then please let me know. We have lots of RM schools which struggle to upgrade because there isn't a version packaged correctly for them. I would love to be able to share your hard work!

I'll post back in this thread when SMART have uploaded the raw MSI versions for Notebook 10.6 in the Admin Tools area.

All the best.

James - SMART Software Product Manager in the UK.

6. Thanks to BluPrint from:

Oops_my_bad (2nd February 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BluPrint View Post
    Hi,

Just to let you know there isn't an Admin Toolkit MSI version for Notebook 10.6 just yet, only the setup wrapper version with the drivers on the standard Notebook dowload page.

I'll give SMART a nudge and make sure it goes on ASAP. If you do develop a version for CC3/CC4 then please let me know. We have lots of RM schools which struggle to upgrade because there isn't a version packaged correctly for them. I would love to be able to share your hard work!

I'll post back in this thread when SMART have uploaded the raw MSI versions for Notebook 10.6 in the Admin Tools area.

All the best.

James - SMART Software Product Manager in the UK.

Great! Thanks James.

When the MSI goes up I'll probably have a go at making it then.

I have an older version installed at the moment, still version 10 however, and from what I can see just the regular MSI is used with command line arguments for the product key and such.

PRINT_CAPTURE=1 CUSTOMER_LOGGING=1 ISX_SERIALNUM="NB-ETC-ETC"

There's also a value for specifying the gallery location but we don't use this so I left it out.

Am I missing something?

Thank Post
    What's wrong with the Admin Toolkit currently on the site, and why can't it be used with the MSI files which are inside the .zip files?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    What's wrong with the Admin Toolkit currently on the site, and why can't it be used with the MSI files which are inside the .zip files?
    SMART - Admin tools,SMART Notebook (Windows)

They're all old versions dated October? Where are you looking, got a link?

Thank Post
    Ah, okay - I see my mistake. I was assuming that 10.0.6 was what Smart are referring to as 10.6, but this isn't the case. Makes you wonder what happened to 10.1 through 10.5, if the versions go 10.0.5 to 10.6, but there you have it.
    Last edited by enjay; 19th January 2010 at 05:03 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi guys, the versions will be 10.6.94.0 for Notebook and 10.6.48.0 for the drivers when it's available on this page. That's unless they change the version number slightly for the MSI only ones. The current ones are still from SP3 of Notebook 10.0.631.3 and SP7 drivers for 10.0.528.7. The last number on the version is always the service pack number just so you know.

Edu - That looks like about it but with the addition of Notebook Maths Tools as a 30 day free trial with Notebook 10.6 (which disappears afterwards unless you purchase the maths licence - just in case you wondered) will have some extra parameters to include I would think.

More as I get it to follow

Cheers,

James.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    Ah, okay - I see my mistake. I was assuming that 10.0.6 was what Smart are referring to as 10.6, but this isn't the case. Makes you wonder what happened to 10.1 through 10.5, if the versions go 10.0.5 to 10.6, but there you have it.
    I'm thinking you might be right in some sense though.

Download the software from here:
    SMART - Windows,SMART Notebook - software only

Download the drivers from here:
    SMART - Windows,SMART Product Drivers only

Is it not just a case that these files haven't been linked to from the administrators page. The files will be the same?

Edit: Ah, they're not MSI.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Ah, they're not MSI.
    They more than likely extract an MSI and then run from that, so you could always try and capture the MSI from the temp folder if you needed it urgently. I'm just going to wait for the proper Admin Toolkit though, as it has previously saved me hours of work.

Thank Post
    For thoes on cc3/cc4 it's simple once the admin toolkit is there.

Grab MSI's from smart,
    Create an MST using the admin tool from smart,
    Create a CC3.ini file with commands for the MSI and MST(code to follow),

For CC3 just put that with the MSI and MST in a folder within RMpackages\applications\smartboard\v1.0.0.0 and refresh your packages list in RMMC,

For CC4 do the same but leave the folder on your desktop or wherever and then import a package into RMMC->CC3->select the ini file, it'll create an XML file and upload it all into a filestore on a server.

.ini code
    Code:
    [General]
    Name=Smartboard (10.0.0.0)
    Version=10.0.0.0

[Package]
    Description=Smartboard (10.0.0.0)
    Version=10.0.0.0
    OS=5.WS,6.WS
    WIPackage=smart.msi
    WITransform=smart.mst
    You'll need to make two packages - one for drivers and one for notebook. We had this working on both CC3 and CC4, and still running it well on CC4. On CC4 you may need to make the drivers a dependancy of the notebook software.

If there is no toolkit for the version you want i would advise you leave it ith the latest version that does have the toolkit, as i spent many hours fiddiling to no avail without it.

Thank Post
    I found that the Toolkit couldn't hack it if you asked it include the Gallery location, so I made ours with no Gallery content and then made a second (or third) MSI which added the reg key. It lists as failing to install, although it does add the key.

I think that just to annoy me, Smart have swapped from Smart Technologies Inc back to Smart Technologies in the HKLM/Software branch so I'll have to edit my Gallery package again - unless the new Toolkit can do it this time, of course.

As Matt says, wait for the Toolkit as doing it manually took me many hours of fiddling.

Thank Post
    link to the msi's

SMART - Admin tools,SMART Notebook (Windows)

Our gallery content was fine - i did one install manually to install the content then when creating the MST's i told it where to look. Packaging the gallery on a netwrok is a bad idea as it wastes space for something which few people will use often.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast