+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Educational Software Thread, SmartBoard in Technical; Have you tried installing it through command line, just to test? I'm baffled as to why the MST has the ...

Thank Post
    Have you tried installing it through command line, just to test? I'm baffled as to why the MST has the correct values but doesn't seem to be applying them.

Thank Post
    I've also realised that the latest Install Manager doesn't have the option to suppress that stupid printer, so now everyone with local printers (so that's all our Primary classrooms, and some Secondary) is telling me their printer is broken.

Thank Post
    I'm getting more and more wound up. There's no reason why this shouldn't work.

Thank Post
    Could you use Orca or similar to merge the MST into the MSI? No idea how, I just know it is possible!

Also, triple-check that you're entering the correct information, i.e. no typos, and try making just one change at a time to the MST to see if it is a particular key which is causing the problems.

Thank Post
    Hi I've been trawling the threads of this post to find a solution to my problem, there are many similar but not one thats quite exactly the same. I have downloaded smart install manager today 14/09/10

along with the smartnotebook.msi and smartdrivers.msi.

I dragged the msi into the smart install manager and customized the settings i.e. unchecked SPU options, maths tools options, provided a valid product key etc.. (as per the documentation)

saved the MST, published the MST, copied the msi and mst into the a newly created folder in the packages area, created an ini file, and then updated the packagelist in the mmc and allocated it to one computer.

and the package failed.

The folder I created is as follows q:\Applications\SmartNotebook 10\V1.0.0.0\
    The contents of my ini file are:

[Package]
    Description=Smart Notebook 10.6
    Version=1.0.0.0
    OS=5.WS
    WIPackage=smartnotebook.msi
    WITransform=SMARt Notebook 10.mst

The event viewer messages aren't very helpful, all it says is "Failed to install package Smart Notebook 10.ini. Unspecified error"

If i manually try to run the package it opens but none of the details from the mst are being picked. Perhaps there is something I need to do to link the msi to the MST ?

Can anyone help? What am i doing wrong? Thanks.
    Last edited by CC3Nitemare; 14th September 2010 at 12:44 PM.

Thank Post
    Got mine working in the end.

CC3Nitemare, spaces in the transform name might be sending it into a fit. Try without the space.

If i manually try to run the package it opens but none of the details from the mst are being picked. Perhaps there is something I need to do to link the msi to the MST ?
    I found it didn't like /t so follow the recommendations above if you want to install manually with a transform.

Thank Post
    CC3Nitemare, spaces in the transform name might be sending it into a fit. Try without the space.
    renamed the mst so that it didnt have any spaces in it, also changed the name of the mst in the ini file (removing the space), unfortunately this didnt work. I'm not really too fussed about runnng it manually, this was just to check why the install was failing.

Also I notice on my working version of Smartnotebook 9.7, there is a data1.cab which doesnt exist in my smartbord 10 folder (but perhaps thats becuase it got created using a package build machine?).

Edu-IT what in the end did you find you had to do get yours working? sounds like a very similar problem to what I'm having.
    Last edited by CC3Nitemare; 14th September 2010 at 01:51 PM.

Thank Post
    How bizarre as I used the same INI file on our CC4, as a CC3 import.

Are you using the latest version of SMART?

Thank Post
    Are you using the latest version of SMART?
    Yes I think so.. I used the link in an earlier post on this thread. If you dont mind me asking.. how did you fix yours.. was it an issue with your .ini file typo etc ?.. I assume your CC4, we are on a CC3 network, but I'm assuming this shouldnt make a difference.

and Yes, its bizzare, and very very fustrating AAARGH!! Looking at the documentation, its supposed to be very simple with not much scope for anthing to go wrong. So dont understand where I'm going wrong.

Anyway open to all/any suggestions, i was hoping this would be a really quick and easy thing to do, doesnt really look like that way right now. Many thanks.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CC3Nitemare View Post
    Yes I think so.. I used the link in an earlier post on this thread. If you dont mind me asking.. how did you fix yours.. was it an issue with your .ini file typo etc ?.. I assume your CC4, we are on a CC3 network, but I'm assuming this shouldnt make a difference.

and Yes, its bizzare, and very very fustrating AAARGH!! Looking at the documentation, its supposed to be very simple with not much scope for anthing to go wrong. So dont understand where I'm going wrong.

Anyway open to all/any suggestions, i was hoping this would be a really quick and easy thing to do, doesnt really look like that way right now. Many thanks.

Ok, my smartboard is now working.. A second look at the event log showed that it was looking for smartboard 10.ini and I'd named my ini file smartboard10.ini. A bit strange, but I changed the name and it seems to be working fine so im not complaining.

Anyway, I'm now doing the same for the smartboard drivers.. is there any specific name that I have to give that .ini file.

This would be much appreciated. Im on a CC3 network. Regards...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456