+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Eclipse.net grabs thumbnails from different website in Technical; I have two IIS websites pointing to the same Eclipse.net config and database. I have two IIS sites so that ...
    Thank Post

Eclipse.net grabs thumbnails from different website

I have two IIS websites pointing to the same Eclipse.net config and database. I have two IIS sites so that I can have integrated authentication internally on port 80, and basic on port 443 for external access, with the default domain specified. I believe that when both of these methods of authentication are usually enabled on the same site, the default domain is usually ignored resulting in the basic auth'd user having to enter the domain\username, as opposed to just the username.

This worked fine up until the latest update (9.11.27.1308) at which point, when the user tries to access using integrated authentication, Eclipse tries to load the thumbnail images on the front page from the external address, resulting in numberous basic authentication prompts.

It seems that since the update, Eclipse has started using the 'external' IIS site, as opposed to the 'internal' one to get requests by default. Any idea where this config is stored? I suspect it may be in the app_data\settings.xml but the file seems to be encrypted, presumably to force you to use the Configure front end.

This has been with MLS for over a week, but they don't seem to know what the problem is. Anyone here have any experience/ideas? Thanks

Thank Post
    Is your external site published though ISAserver or just a direct connection to the IIS server itself?
    I'm trying to publish our Eclipse.net site though ISA but just using integrated authentication. I can get a dummy html file to work but the site itself doesn't show (cannot display the webpage errors). They have some unusual authentication methods in there web.config file which made be wonder.

I need to be able to do this so their Webparts for SharePoint can obtain the images they need externally as the URL path goes back to the original Eclipse server.

Thank Post
    It's just IIS, no ISA. Not really made much progress with this, despite numerous calls to the helpdesk.

They enabled anonymous access on the images directory to stop the continuous authentication prompts, but this doesn't stop internal users getting security warnings.

They must have a default domain stored either in the database or the encrypted config file. MLS seem to think that IIS is redirecting requests, but I didn't think this was normal IIS behaviour.

Thank Post
    In your setup I don't understand why the 2 site, I've had sites before with 80 & 443 both with integrated auth and basic for when that’s not available and has worked flawlessly.

Was this setup MLS recommended?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobFuller View Post
    In your setup I don't understand why the 2 site, I've had sites before with 80 & 443 both with integrated auth and basic for when thatís not available and has worked flawlessly.

Was this setup MLS recommended?
    The reason for this is that if you use both methods of authentication on the same site, the default domain settings for basic are ignored, for Internet Explorer at least. Our users don't know/enter the domain, so to require this for Eclipse.net alone would be confusing.

Thank Post
    I've had default domain set with no problems before.

Thank Post
    I tested it before replying to confirm the results and the user definitely has to enter the domain\user when authenticating via basic, where integrated is also enabled on the site. I don't think this is the case in FF, but is in IE.

Thank Post
    Ah, managed to get my site publish though ISA. NetBIOS was causing problems so disabled that and it now works! Hmmm.

So basically the site just had integrated auth and ISA handles the asking of usernames, password and passcodes etc. Hopefully now I can get there webparts working externally our SharePoint portal.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread