+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Make Cubase AI4 proxy-aware (licensing) in Technical; I've had a search and all the cubase+licensing threads refer to dongles. Ours is what they call a soft licence ...

Thank Post

Make Cubase AI4 proxy-aware (licensing)

I've had a search and all the cubase+licensing threads refer to dongles. Ours is what they call a soft licence (it came with some Yamaha kit). The licensing app sees the activation number as valid, but then tries to download something from the Internet, sits around and falls over with "can't connect".

Our proxy isn't transparent. The newer version of the licensing app also sees the activation code as valid, but simply falls over faster. (Updated in the hope the newer version would have proxy support/would look at the IE settings).

Anyone managed to get this activated through a proxy?

Thank Post
    I have the exact same problem at the moment...
    Did you have trouble getting activation codes initially? I was ripping my hair out over a few days as all I was getting from the product activation side of the Steinberg site was 404 page not found....
    More annoyingly if you tried to report the problem as you pressed submit on their form you received the same error
    They then fixed this so I went on to the next step and again had the same problem...
    So I am now in the same boat as you with an activation code and unable to download the licence....
    To add to it all Steinberg’s UK support is in Germany and my phone won’t let me call out internationally!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon88 View Post
    I have the exact same problem at the moment...
    Did you have trouble getting activation codes initially? I was ripping my hair out over a few days as all I was getting from the product activation side of the Steinberg site was 404 page not found....
    More annoyingly if you tried to report the problem as you pressed submit on their form you received the same error
    They then fixed this so I went on to the next step and again had the same problem...
    So I am now in the same boat as you with an activation code and unable to download the licence....
    To add to it all Steinberg’s UK support is in Germany and my phone won’t let me call out internationally!
    I was getting the bizarre and intermittent 404s from their site, but I got the activation code ok.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread