+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Adobe Child Friendly IEP's in Technical; Anyone come accross these? They are adobe documents that allow comments to be added to them, but only as an ...
    Thank Post

Adobe Child Friendly IEP's

Anyone come accross these? They are adobe documents that allow comments to be added to them, but only as an administrator! We have C: drive blocked off from all users and I think that is the problem as when I log in as a normal user it says that certain rights have been changed to allow special features i.e. tha adding of comments, but logging on locally to be able to see the c: drive as administrator the pdf's open up and give me the chance to add comments. Its not the location of the pdf's as I've checked th permissions I presume its the adobe because its on a restricted drive.

Question: Any quick way to solve this?
    Question: Where is it set in GPO that the c drive is blocked off from users as this is the onle school I cover that has this option set and it causes me no end of problems (its primary schools so no real problems with kids messing about)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 761 Posts
    If I'm interpreting what you've said correctly, your "C: drive blocked off" is the setting that simply hides the C: drive from Explorer.

User Config > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Explorer
    Hide these specific drives in My Computer

I'd be surprised if this setting alone would cause the problem - perhaps adding comments requires write access to a configuration file in the Program Files Directory? Or in the Registry? Still, I suppose if you turn the above off and it makes no difference, you'll know for sure.

3. Thanks to AngryTechnician from:

TechSupp (27th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Yeah, tried turning it off etc and it made a blids bit of difference, even adding myself a local admin made no difference, however after a google I found a refference to a version of Adobe being an issue so upgraded to v9.2 and hey presto, it works now for anyone even if they can't see the drive. Just got to update the PC's with the new version now.
    Success on a Friday, a good start to the weekend! Better option than telling them the admin login which they requested...over my dead body!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread