+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Economatics Airways error during GPO MSI install in Technical; Our DT dept have had some new software called Economatics Airways it comes with its own msi file. I have ...
    Thank Post

Economatics Airways error during GPO MSI install

Our DT dept have had some new software called Economatics Airways it comes with its own msi file. I have successfully deployed this through GPO to one of th D&T suites which consist of Packard Bell PC's and all works fine. These PC have been RIS'd using a image that was created around 4 months ago.

We have just had a new D&T suite opened which has brand new Dell's with a RIS image that was created in August. The above software does not deploy, I get errors in the event log of the local PC's. I first thought it could be a poor connection sped on the new cabling (because it was fitted by cowboy contractors and i don't trust it) But after doing a bit of 'Googling' IU have found a similar error which seems to point to Flash Player. It seems that the error code relates to software trying to install an older version of Flash Player and failing because a newer version is on the PC.

The same tech created both images but i think he may have out Flash Player 9 on all the new Dells. as i know the 4 month old images have version 8. I am going to test this scenario tomorrow

Before ido I wondered if anyone else has had similar problems ever?
    Also does anyone know how to remove Flash Player 8 from a VBscript or batch script from a logon? It appears possible in the couple of articles i have read about the error on Google?

This is the error below

WProduct: Economatics Airways -- Error 1406.Could not write value to key \CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}\InprocServer32. System erro

Thank Post

Re: Economatics Airways error during GPO MSI install

You'll find a explicit Deny on the ACL for that registry entry. I've not got to the bottom of this one yet, but I think it's to do with the order in which Windows Updates and Flash updates are applied.

Here's what I think is happening...

The version of Flash supplied with XP SP2 was considered insecure, so a Windows update was release which added the Deny entry on a couple of registry keys (including the one you mention). In my experience, once that has happened, it's quite difficult to upgrade.

If the build sequence of a PC is such that a newer version of Flash player (8 or 9) goes on BEFORE the Windows Updates, then the problem does not arise.

If anyone else has any info on this then I too would love to know. Even the folks at Adobe appear confused by it all (although it was a couple of months ago that I last checked there).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I thought a newer version of flash had been pushed out on WSUS/Windows update?

Thank Post

If the build sequence of a PC is such that a newer version of Flash player (8 or 9) goes on BEFORE the Windows Updates, then the problem does not arise.
    Well our builds are the opposite to the above, we do all our Windows Updates before we do the Flash Player install.

So today, I have tried to mess about with a few vb scripts to delete the Fash8 and Fash8b ocx files, the flash8 deletes but the Flash8b will not(even in safe mode) THe 'Airways' software installs Falsh Player 7 during the install so this is what i did,

1. I downloaded a 'uninstall falsh player.exe' from the Adobe Website,
    2. I then ran this in a msiexec /u bat file on logon in the GPO of the PC's.
    3.I then restart the computers and the 'Airways' software installs fine from the GPO.
    4. I have tried on one machine only at the moment, a manual install of Flash Player 9 to check that the 'Airways' software still works ok with the '9' player, and yes it does.
    5. I plan to install the Flash Player9.msi through the GPO when i get chance this week.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread