+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Mediator 9 in Technical; We've just recently bought Mediator 9 and discovered the activation. During install or at first run Mediator 9 requires activation, ...
    TheLibrarian

Unhappy Mediator 9

We've just recently bought Mediator 9 and discovered the activation.

During install or at first run Mediator 9 requires activation, this can be performed silently across the internet. This is a per machine activation, default is to store the activation file in the "All Users" profile but that can be re-directed.

Most of our PC's do not have internet access unless a member of staff is logged in or activates it for that session.

The thing I really don't like is when activation via the internet fails, the program displays a dialog box displaying the serial number.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post
    We've just recently bought Mediator 9 and discovered the activation.

During install or at first run Mediator 9 requires activation, this can be performed silently across the internet. This is a per machine activation, default is to store the activation file in the "All Users" profile but that can be re-directed.

Most of our PC's do not have internet access unless a member of staff is logged in or activates it for that session.

The thing I really don't like is when activation via the internet fails, the program displays a dialog box displaying the serial number.
    Most probably picking it up from the sn.ini file which is in the program's folder...
    If you are having the problem everytime a user fires it off, just make sure they have the correct permissions to the activation file or change its location:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\mwas\Mediator 9.0 Exp.mwas

Is the default.

For the manual - [ page 18 ]

http://www.matchware.com/en/forms/Me...9UserGuide.pdf

TheLibrarian
    @MattX

Thanks, that's what I've done.

I've repointed the mwas to a server so that at least I won't have to remember activate Mediator when a machine is re-imaged.

My gripe is that the PC's can't activate Mediator when the MSI is deployed unless I twiddle with the configuration of ISA and the group policies for the workstations.

The real lunacy is how the serial number is revealed if the activation fails!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    The software is a joke when it comes to Activation I agree - I had real problems and their support is worse than Acer's......

TheLibrarian
    Just wait until you try Crazy Talk...

Thank Post
    We are having an issue with this software and Activation using windows 7. Even though the machine has an internet connection it still sais Activation failed. Has anyone else got this working on Windows 7?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread