+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Sanako Lab 300 in Technical; Does anyone use Sanako Lab 300? We have a classroom of 28 client machines connected to a teachers machine running ...

Thank Post

Sanako Lab 300

Does anyone use Sanako Lab 300?

We have a classroom of 28 client machines connected to a teachers machine running Lab 300.

We recently had an IP conflict on the teachers PC and needed to change the static address it had been given. This then started the problems. The teachers PC could no longer connect to any of the client machines, and even after reverting the IP address back to it's original one we are still getting the error "RSRV Connect ERROR:- 121 (ip address).

Is there anyway of fixing this issue?! I have emailed Sanako three times now and as of yet I have had no responce, which is strange as they are usually quite quick with there replies.

Thank Post
    Had this one lots of times; never really got to the bottom of the cause. The PC is failing to connect to the Crossroads application, and you are on the right lines with the IP address, but details... Sorry!

Thank Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that's having this issue, but currently as it stands, the software will just not work. Over the past two days, 16 lessons were planned for that room, to use this software, but all 16 lessons have had to be re-scheduled.

I have just managed to phone someone at Sanako, and I have just been informed that my emails have been going to Finland!! So I have been given a UK address to contact.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    Had this one lots of times; never really got to the bottom of the cause. The PC is failing to connect to the Crossroads application, and you are on the right lines with the IP address, but details... Sorry!
    I don't know if this is any help to you or not but the UKSanako Support team have just got back to me, and have asked me to make sure there isn't a Firewall/Anti-Virus blocking the crossroads.

As there is now a class in my affected room, I won't be able to get in there now until 15:30, but if I manage to resolve the issue, I will let you know.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by finney_83 View Post
    As there is now a class in my affected room, I won't be able to get in there now until 15:30,
    Isn't that always the way? Steve Blackie from Sanako is good with this stuff; as long as he's not concentrating on building robots for Robot Wars!

Thank Post
    Isn't that always the way? Steve Blackie from Sanako is good with this stuff; as long as he's not concentrating on building robots for Robot Wars!

Steve Blackie is brilliant with Sanako stuff however he doesn't do anything for Robot Wars, you are confusing him with Mike Lambert who's a legend on that show

Gavster

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by finney_83 View Post
    Does anyone use Sanako Lab 300?

We have a classroom of 28 client machines connected to a teachers machine running Lab 300.

We recently had an IP conflict on the teachers PC and needed to change the static address it had been given. This then started the problems. The teachers PC could no longer connect to any of the client machines, and even after reverting the IP address back to it's original one we are still getting the error "RSRV Connect ERROR:- 121 (ip address).

Is there anyway of fixing this issue?! I have emailed Sanako three times now and as of yet I have had no responce, which is strange as they are usually quite quick with there replies.

We had that problem a while ago but Sanako sorted it out in less than an hour because they offer remote assistance with their support contracts, we've always found them to be very helpful and very quick to resolve issues.

If you don't have a support contract then I'd certainly recommend that you take one out, obviously emailing Finland isn't ideal, I know our MFL teachers wouldn't want the language lab to be down for that length of time.

Gavster

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gavtow View Post
    Steve Blackie is brilliant with Sanako stuff however he doesn't do anything for Robot Wars, you are confusing him with Mike Lambert who's a legend on that show
    You are, of course, absolutely correct. It has been some time since Mike last came out to us; most fixes have been over the phone.

I hadn't realised he was "a legend" as I didn't watch it that often. Is it still running in any form?

Thank Post
    Oh I remember Sanako! Not used that in a loooong time. Used to be Imperata before that too.

Thank Post
    Sanako, which it would seem isn't too happy with Vista. Glad I've moved to Physics!

Thank Post
    Sanako, which it would seem isn't too happy with Vista. Glad I've moved to Physics!
    It was Imperata that didn't work with XP so I moved to Sanako 100 and had trouble with that too. Now use ABTutor.

What's Physics like?

Thank Post
    I used to use imperata which caused noting but trouble with xp constantly crashing the client software etc.... i'm also now a happy customer of AB Tutor.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krisd32 View Post
    I used to use imperata which caused noting but trouble with xp constantly crashing the client software etc.... i'm also now a happy customer of AB Tutor.
    Not finding Version 6 as reliable as 5 though if I'm honest.

Thank Post
    I'm finding everything ok with it at the moment nothing going wrong with it at all. seems stable and reliable. and does everything that our teachers need so if their happy i'm happy.

Thank Post
    Physics is fun, lots of toys to play with!

V6 has been fairly stable for us on XP, but the PCs are being replaced over Easter, and a pit of pain awaits those I left behind!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread