+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, HandwrittenText disappearing ActivStudio Profession Edition v3.0.93 - v 3.5.25 in Technical; Hi Guys, I've got a weird problem with ActivStudio and I'm hoping someone else has experienced something similar / knows ...

Thank Post

Question HandwrittenText disappearing ActivStudio Profession Edition v3.0.93 - v 3.5.25

Hi Guys,

I've got a weird problem with ActivStudio and I'm hoping someone else has experienced something similar / knows what's going on!

The teacher in question is using ActivStudio Professional edition although we've tried the latest 'Aspire' version as well as upgrading ActivStudio + driver, She writes on the board and occasionally for no reason all the text she's written on that page will disappear. Fliping the chart on a page and back again causes the text to reappear but I can't for the life of me figure out why the text is disappearing.

We've replaced all the hardware except the board itself (cables, powersupply etc.) and the computer reports all clear on memtest and the like, there seems to be no pattern to do with when the text disappears either e.g. the en can be anywhere on the board and the text can disappear.

If anyone has experienced anything like this or indeed anything similar to this it'd be great to know and especially what you've done to remedy it!

Cheers,

Seb

Thank Post
    I am having this issue too at a school. Unsure what is causing it and I am thinking of installing ActivInspire to see if it resolves it.

Thank Post
    Hi,

We've already tried that here, it also upgrades the driver to version 5.x which we hoped would resolve the issues.

The strange thing is that after upgrading the problem didn't occur for a while and then suddenly appeared again.

I've no idea if this was just random or if its perhaps the driver corrupting or something over time?

Let me know if your upgrade to Aspire works, when we upgraded we used the trial version (just to see if it would get rid of the problem).

Cheers,

Seb

Thank Post
    Hi,

Can you try this...

Open Studio, click on 'Main Menu' -> 'Settings' -> 'Flipchart Objects' and remove the tick for 'High Quality Lines and Shapes' - close the settings, and Restart Studio - does that make any difference?

Thank Post
    Turns out we were using an old version of ActivStudio... Opps!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread