+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Problems with Smart Notebook Software v10 in Technical; Hi all, We've had a few calls logged on our service desk at work saying that the Notebook software doesn't ...

Thank Post

Problems with Smart Notebook Software v10

Hi all,

We've had a few calls logged on our service desk at work saying that the Notebook software doesn't work in some classrooms. It comes up with the message:

"This application has failed to start because Senteo-2.0-MSVC-7.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem".

I went to one of the machines, de-allocated and re-allocated the package (RM CC3 if I recall) and still no success. I managed to get it to work by doing a manual install as a temporary fix.

I've had a look at other topics on this forum, but I didn't see anyone that mentioned the error above? Is it possible that it could be an error with allocating the package through RM?

Please assist!

Thank Post
    I have the same error after upgrading from senteo, but only when I open notebook directly. If I open notebook from the senteo menu it reports an error to smarttech, if I open it from welcome to notebook from the smartboard menu it works fine.

Educational software strikes again methinks... Any workarounds or fixes would be much appreciated.

DC

Thank Post
    Slightly different error to some I was getting but I did have problems with Smart software when I updated the drivers to the new SP7 release but tried to leave the other software on their current versions. Couldn't launch Notebook from the toolbar and Smart Response didn't work. Updated all the other component programs to their latest versions and problem was solved, might be worth a look if you've changed any versions recently...

Thank Post
    We have now found a workaround. Following a complete uninstall clear the registry of anything to do with "smart technologies" and "smart technolgoies inc" and install again. Problem goes away even with the latest software release. I think one of the entries is a hangover from older version of the software that is still being used by version 10.

Hope it works for you guys.

DC

Thank Post
    Smart Tech has a list of which versions of Senteo/Smart Response works with which version of Smart Notebook. We have been deploying the latest on both and it seems to work with all flavors of SB and SB/Smart Response.

SB 10 SP6 + Smart Notebook 10 SP3 + Smart Response 2

Thank Post
    Did finally get a solution for this, I had to de-allocate each Smartboard package one by one and then install the drivers, then notebook. Seen it once since I posted this topic, but thanks for all your help

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread