+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, CS4 Dreamweaver / Flash Expertise Wanted in Technical; Over the summer we installed the Adobe CS4 Master Suite, which is ace, fantastic, powerful, flexible and exciting to use ...
    Thank Post

Post CS4 Dreamweaver / Flash Expertise Wanted

Over the summer we installed the Adobe CS4 Master Suite, which is ace, fantastic, powerful, flexible and exciting to use . However, it isn't exactly the same as the Macromedia MX2004 stuff it replaced. This is causing some issues for our ICT teaching staff, whose worksheets and lesson plans now don't fit .

In a bid to placate them I am installing MX2004 alongside CS4, which is fine as we are licenced for both. But obviously this is not an ideal situation. So I am looking at getting in some training; I am in contact with training companies, but feel that while they are great at providing training in how to use the software, what we need more is how to use the software effectively in the classroom.

Are you aware of anyone out there using Dreamweaver/Flash CS4 well or innovatively in the classroom? Do you think they could be persuaded to visit the Lake District for a day? We would pay obviously unless the school wants to get involved in some form of exchange of ideas (OfSTED love this ).

I know teachers tend to get a bashing on here but there are a lot of good ones out there and in terms of ICT skills, then if a tech tells me they are a good ICT teacher then I am likely to listen.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank Post
    I hope this means that no-one has installed CS4 in their network as opposed to damning idictment of the teachers using the stuff

Thank Post
    Installed it in all our ICT rooms.

Sink or swim. The teachers (like us with most things) just have to learn it. They were told before the summer it was happening and some took it upon themselves to learn it, some had it installed on their laptops, some looked at online resources and got the sites unblocked. Some didnt bother, but thats their job to prepare and not reuse the same old worksheets created in 1999.

Do you need training course to know where they have moved a button?
    Do you need training course to know what features are new?

No, reading the manual and making notes can do this.

Its quite funny that the students dont really care, its pretty much the same to them. The teachers are the ones that have complained, but its fairly common for the teachers to be behind the students when it comes to ICT. No innovation and initiatve but the first to complain when something is too old or too new.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 12th October 2009 at 03:52 PM.

4. Thanks to Theblacksheep from:

skunk (12th October 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread