+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Educational Software Thread, Activprimary 3 runtime error 9 in Technical; Right, hopefully some one can help me with this as I've tried everything I can think of. Each time the ...
  1. #1

    bladedanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,297
    Thank Post
    191
    Thanked 309 Times in 230 Posts
    Rep Power
    170

    Activprimary 3 runtime error 9

    Right, hopefully some one can help me with this as I've tried everything I can think of.

    Each time the y1 user tries to open Activprimary 3 they get

    Code:
    Run-time error '9' - Subscript out of range
    All other user account it works fine with, so I decided it can't be the application and it must be with the Y1 user account. So I deleted all settings files I could find relating to Activprimary within the Y1 home folder and profile and still get the same error.

    I have tried the promethean KB and found something similar that related to Activprimary 2 but tried it anyway still no luck.

    The only thing left I can think to do is copy all the work out of the Y1 home folder and re-create the user and copy all the work back, obviously I don't really want to do this.

    This happens on all machines in the school, all are running windows XP with latest version of Activprimary 3 in a Server 2003 domain.
    Has anyone got any suggestions.

    Thanks,

    Dan

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    274
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Did you cop the ActivPrimary 3 settings folder which is usual created under the local hard drive onto their network work folder?

    Hope that makes sense!

  3. Thanks to marvin from:

    bladedanny (24th September 2009)

  4. #3

    bladedanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,297
    Thank Post
    191
    Thanked 309 Times in 230 Posts
    Rep Power
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Did you cop the ActivPrimary 3 settings folder which is usual created under the local hard drive onto their network work folder?

    Hope that makes sense!
    Yes the folder is created into there network home folder which is also what my documents is mapped to.

  5. #4

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    9,989
    Thank Post
    1,852
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,697 Posts
    Rep Power
    819
    It might be a profile issue.

    I would try adding the user to the administrators security group and move the user to 'Users' in AD (away from GPO restrictions)

    If the profile is mandatory - rename ntuser.man to ntuser.dat in the profile.

    Then logon and try using ActivPrimary. Do you still get the problem?

    Logoff, remove the logon from administrators, put the user back in the correct AD OU and if you've changed ntuser, change that back.

    Then logon again and see what happens now.

    Good luck.

  6. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

    bladedanny (24th September 2009)

  7. #5

    bladedanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,297
    Thank Post
    191
    Thanked 309 Times in 230 Posts
    Rep Power
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    It might be a profile issue.

    I would try adding the user to the administrators security group and move the user to 'Users' in AD (away from GPO restrictions)

    If the profile is mandatory - rename ntuser.man to ntuser.dat in the profile.

    Then logon and try using ActivPrimary. Do you still get the problem?

    Logoff, remove the logon from administrators, put the user back in the correct AD OU and if you've changed ntuser, change that back.

    Then logon again and see what happens now.

    Good luck.
    Just been and tried that, still get same error when user is in administrators group and away from GPOs and when moved back. I don't think it will be the GPO or permissions as other users with same permissions and GPO work fine.

    Thanks,

    Dan.

  8. #6

    bladedanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,297
    Thank Post
    191
    Thanked 309 Times in 230 Posts
    Rep Power
    170
    More info.

    I have just created a new user for testing, set its home folder to the same as y1 and got the same error, set the home folder to a new one and Activprimary worked fine. It has to be something inside the Y1 home folder, but having deleted the activprimary 3 folder I have no idea as to what.

    Thanks,

    Dan

  9. #7

    bladedanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,297
    Thank Post
    191
    Thanked 309 Times in 230 Posts
    Rep Power
    170

    Talking

    Sorted.

    I decided the only way was the long way, so I copied everything out of the users home folder, tried Activprimary, this worked. So I started to copy things back in a few files/folders at a time and tried Activprimary each time.

    It turned out that there was a file (no extension) with the name '1' in the top level of the home folder that was the problem. I have now deleted this file and all is working fine.

    Thanks all for your help and advice,

    Dan

  10. #8

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    9,989
    Thank Post
    1,852
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,697 Posts
    Rep Power
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by bladedanny View Post
    Sorted.

    I decided the only way was the long way, so I copied everything out of the users home folder, tried Activprimary, this worked. So I started to copy things back in a few files/folders at a time and tried Activprimary each time.

    It turned out that there was a file (no extension) with the name '1' in the top level of the home folder that was the problem. I have now deleted this file and all is working fine.

    Thanks all for your help and advice,

    Dan

    Glad it's fixed... what an improbable cause!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. FMS6 Error "Runtime error 217 at 000CAE97"
    By localzuk in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 5th June 2009, 01:48 PM
  2. ActivPrimary
    By Michael in forum Windows
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 9th November 2008, 04:48 PM
  3. APC Powerchute - Insufficient runtime error
    By andy_d in forum Windows
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 7th June 2008, 09:29 PM
  4. Group Policy Management & Runtime Error
    By thegrassisgreener in forum Windows
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11th January 2008, 11:54 AM
  5. Ghosting and ActivPrimary
    By Jobos in forum Windows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd December 2007, 11:38 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •