Educational Software Thread, Activprimary 3 runtime error 9 in Technical; Right, hopefully some one can help me with this as I've tried everything I can think of.
Each time the ...
24th September 2009, 10:05 AM #1
Activprimary 3 runtime error 9
Right, hopefully some one can help me with this as I've tried everything I can think of.
Each time the y1 user tries to open Activprimary 3 they get
All other user account it works fine with, so I decided it can't be the application and it must be with the Y1 user account. So I deleted all settings files I could find relating to Activprimary within the Y1 home folder and profile and still get the same error.
Run-time error '9' - Subscript out of range
I have tried the promethean KB and found something similar that related to Activprimary 2 but tried it anyway still no luck.
The only thing left I can think to do is copy all the work out of the Y1 home folder and re-create the user and copy all the work back, obviously I don't really want to do this.
This happens on all machines in the school, all are running windows XP with latest version of Activprimary 3 in a Server 2003 domain.
Has anyone got any suggestions.
24th September 2009, 10:08 AM #2
- Rep Power
Did you cop the ActivPrimary 3 settings folder which is usual created under the local hard drive onto their network work folder?
Hope that makes sense!
Thanks to marvin from:
bladedanny (24th September 2009)
24th September 2009, 10:15 AM #3
Yes the folder is created into there network home folder which is also what my documents is mapped to.
Originally Posted by marvin
24th September 2009, 10:22 AM #4
It might be a profile issue.
I would try adding the user to the administrators security group and move the user to 'Users' in AD (away from GPO restrictions)
If the profile is mandatory - rename ntuser.man to ntuser.dat in the profile.
Then logon and try using ActivPrimary. Do you still get the problem?
Logoff, remove the logon from administrators, put the user back in the correct AD OU and if you've changed ntuser, change that back.
Then logon again and see what happens now.
Thanks to elsiegee40 from:
bladedanny (24th September 2009)
24th September 2009, 10:48 AM #5
24th September 2009, 10:54 AM #6
I have just created a new user for testing, set its home folder to the same as y1 and got the same error, set the home folder to a new one and Activprimary worked fine. It has to be something inside the Y1 home folder, but having deleted the activprimary 3 folder I have no idea as to what.
24th September 2009, 11:25 AM #7
I decided the only way was the long way, so I copied everything out of the users home folder, tried Activprimary, this worked. So I started to copy things back in a few files/folders at a time and tried Activprimary each time.
It turned out that there was a file (no extension) with the name '1' in the top level of the home folder that was the problem. I have now deleted this file and all is working fine.
Thanks all for your help and advice,
24th September 2009, 11:39 AM #8
Originally Posted by bladedanny
Glad it's fixed... what an improbable cause!
By localzuk in forum MIS Systems
Last Post: 5th June 2009, 02:48 PM
By Michael in forum Windows
Last Post: 9th November 2008, 05:48 PM
By andy_d in forum Windows
Last Post: 7th June 2008, 10:29 PM
By thegrassisgreener in forum Windows
Last Post: 11th January 2008, 12:54 PM
By Jobos in forum Windows
Last Post: 3rd December 2007, 12:38 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)