+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Outlook 2003 - Auto Address in Technical; Hi, Whenever I try to send a message via Microsoft Outlook 2003 the Auto address feature is not working properly. ...

Thank Post

Outlook 2003 - Auto Address

Hi,

Whenever I try to send a message via Microsoft Outlook 2003 the Auto address feature is not working properly. If I start to type an email address it will not automatically display a list of contacts that it could possibly be. If I enter the email address fully, it will remember it next time I email that person. However, if I log off the name isn't saved and I have the same problem again.

I have gone to Tools --> Options --> E-mail Options --> Advanced Email Options and made sure the options 'Automatic name checking' and 'suggest names while completing To, CC and Bcc fields' is checked.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be as I'm testing it with a test account and it works fine, just not mine.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Outlook 2003 - Auto Address

what account are you using to login when using outlok as if it is a .man account or a non roaming account and you log onto diffrent machines it will not keep the data as i beleve this data is stored in your profile i think but i am sure people will correct me if i am wrong. i have a roaming profile and it works fine but when i have tried it with a local profile it loses it if i log onto a new machine.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,048 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is this on a work PC or you own stand alone?

Thank Post

Work PC and the account is a local one.

Thank Post

The local versus domain account thing shouldn't really make a difference. Have you checked to see what happens when you launch the address book. Can you see the contacts?

If this problem has happened 'all of a sudden' then try running Detect and Repair from the help menu or repair Office 2003 from Add/Remove Programs applet in contro panel.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I have had some problems in the past with local profiles and .ost / .pst files becoming corrupt i was told the best way to stop this happing if you are not logging onto the same pc all the time is to use a roming profile dont know how true this is here are the instructions to repair the said files
    microsofts Repair an .ost or .pst file in Outlook hope this helps
    there may aslo be some good info here to help microsoft OST and PST Quick Reference

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 821 Posts
    Blog Entries
    the autocomplete is controlled by a .nk2 file in your local profiles application data folder

It might be worth deleting that and trying again - but of course that will delete all the previous suggestions, and it will only start suggesting names once you've sent email to that personbefore.

Thank Post

Lightbulb Roamin Profile & .NK2 File

You are having problem saving/loading your profile correctly. It looks that your local profile is not saving exchange.nk2 file in your local profile/application data/microsoft/outlook folder. You also need to make sue that .ost file is saved in your local profile. If you are using a network drive for data redirection as your home folder, it is always better to save your copy of .pst file in there. So which ever PC you use at work you will not have any problem as this file and your local roaming application data will go with you as the .nk2 file. Instaed of deleting .nk2 or any file i will rename your local profile, delete or rename server profile including application data on the server profile (ofcourse when you are logged off from any PC) and then log back in and test. if it does work copy and paste .nk2 file from your old local profile to the exactly same location in your new local profile folder. let me know if this works as i have couple of other ideas but i will need some more information first. Hope this will help. Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Have you applied the latest service pack? Outlook 2003 is upto SP3 + post updates.

Thank Post
    This thread died 2 1/2 years ago, I suspect Domino replied because a spambot mentioned an app on several threads this morning.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread