+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational Software Thread, Cubase SE3 in Technical; @tosca925: I didn't even attempt to deploy through a GPO... all the machines were identical and being built at the ...

Thank Post

Re: Cubase SE3

@tosca925: I didn't even attempt to deploy through a GPO... all the machines were identical and being built at the same time so RISPREP seemed logical in this instance.

As for the patches, there a a number of patches on the Steinberg website (3 IIRC) that need to be installed. These do some jiggery pokery to the protection dongle software and I remember that I had some fun and games when I forgot to initially install these - half the copies of Cubase worked and half didn't IIRC.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts

I've just installed it on a client today and downloaded the available update of which there only appeared to be one and as I'm going to sysprep and ghost it I am manually installing it as well.

Ben

Thank Post

I'll be looking into pushing out the latest Sibelius and cubase sx 2 via GPO over the next few weeks, so i'll let you know how it goes

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

How are you licencing Sibelius Richie? If you have the networked edition with the network licence server it will work easy on a ghost or RIS setup, so would think GPO packing would be ok as well, but if you have standard licences without the licence server Ghosting breaks it and means phonecalls to Sibelius to sort it out, and you will have the same fun with GPO deployment.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by plexer
    I've just installed it on a client today and downloaded the available update of which there only appeared to be one and as I'm going to sysprep and ghost it I am manually installing it as well.
    Just to clarify a little further, Ric is refering to Cubase SX3 and Plexer is refering to SE3.

There is currently 2 updates for SX3 and 1 update for SE3.

You need a usb dongle per machine physically installed on the machine in order to run Cubase SX/SE otherwise it wont run... until its plugged in

And group policy would be fun, considering its a fairly huge product and now only comes on a DVD-ROM :S hehe

Also, just to nag hehe, start a new thread regarding Sibielus, as its a different product

Cheers
    Nath.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts

Just a side note to this I installed all the machines from the same ghost image then logged in as local admin plugged in the dongle and let it find it after that they all work fine.

Sibelius we have the network version so have the licensing server and it all works fine.

Cubase 4 is now available to order they've dropped the SE and SX etc... bits but the cut down one is now Cubase Studio 4 I believe.

If you ever want to upgrade what you have make sure they are registered.

Ben

Thank Post

In the end with both Sibelius 4 and Cubase 2 i had to create MSI's from a wininstall le snapshot.
    Sibelius is licenced via network and - so far - everything seems ok

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12