+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, SmartNotebook version in Technical; Will SmartNotebook version 9.? work on SmartNotebook Version 10 with version 10 smartboard software, please?...
    Thank Post

SmartNotebook version

Will SmartNotebook version 9.? work on SmartNotebook Version 10 with version 10 smartboard software, please?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Not sure, although I've seen lots of combinations in use. For what reason do you ask?

Thank Post
    A colleague going for an interview on Monday has been told that any files in use must be Version 10, otherwise they will not work. We don't have version 10. I looked on the Smart web site and was not reassured by what I saw.

Generally new versions will open older files (but not the other way round), it appears however, that something happened part the way through version 9 so some v9 files may open and others will not.

Colleague has taken the sensible path of having an alternative method of delivering a lesson, just in case.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ah, you mean the saved files within Notebook itself. Would be firing in the dark on that, but why not just use version 10? the same key works across both versions.

Thank Post
    Would do but at such short notice not possible - colleague only asked today. Have been thinking about moving to version 10, but reading all the posts on here about how, shall I say awkward, v10 is to deploy, am holding back until I have time to think. That may, or may not, be this summer, depending on what else the higher ups think they want implementing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leco View Post
    Would do but at such short notice not possible - colleague only asked today. Have been thinking about moving to version 10, but reading all the posts on here about how, shall I say awkward, v10 is to deploy, am holding back until I have time to think. That may, or may not, be this summer, depending on what else the higher ups think they want implementing.
    i actually find 10 easy to deploy as long as you have removed 9 or you tend to end up with sod all gallery. The supplied program for creating the mst files works fiine and ad will deploy it quite happily with little fuss but if like me you deploy clipart to the desk (id rather have it on each pc and save the network traffic as with hard drives been 100gb plus i aint gonna fill them) it can take a while to deploy (so wol em at daft am to be ready for the day

7. Thanks to sted from:

leco (26th June 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanks, that's the kind of stuff that I need to get my head round hence need time to really think about how I'm going to do it - and when. I've never tried to create an MST file, nor indeed a real MSI (one that needs and answer file type thing).

Thank Post
    Thanks, that's the kind of stuff that I need to get my head round hence need time to really think about how I'm going to do it - and when. I've never tried to create an MST file, nor indeed a real MSI (one that needs and answer file type thing).
    smarts easy as they have a tool for this download smart install manager

in a nutshell
    download drivers and unpack
    download notebook unpack
    download clipart unpack
    get a serial number*e-mail a boards serial no to smart they send you a software no

copy to a share with auth users read access so \\server\packages$\smart\10

install the install manager on a pc

run it and point it at the msi for drivers. Make appropriate changes all i do is tell it not to user the tablet pc junk on vista

run it on the msi for notebook give it the serial number and location for the clipart (assuming your doing local clipart installs) and go to the dir with the actual cliaprt files in so all the way down the tree ive found works best

crate/modify a gpo to install the software and when selecting go to advanced and select the mst file you created as a modification and test it

10. Thanks to sted from:

leco (26th June 2009)

Thank Post
    All of that sounds so easy - but I dare bet anything it won't be. For instance where do I run the unpack, on the server or a pc? I don't use the supplied clip art, we have been given some from the LEA, I use those instead being found to be more relevant to our needs.

Oh well try it and see I guess - later - in summer - no users to mess things up just me! Thanks for the list.

Thank Post
    All of that sounds so easy - but I dare bet anything it won't be. For instance where do I run the unpack, on the server or a pc? I don't use the supplied clip art, we have been given some from the LEA, I use those instead being found to be more relevant to our needs.

Oh well try it and see I guess - later - in summer - no users to mess things up just me! Thanks for the list.
    dosent matter where you unpack as long as it ends up on a network share eventually personally i use a workstation i do as little as possible on servers. clipart its on smarts site somewhere essential cd11 iirc

13. Thanks to sted from:

leco (27th June 2009)

Thank Post
    Files made in version 9.x of Smart Notebook will open fine on version 10.

Files made in version 10 of Smart Notebook may not open in earlier versions - but there is a "save as" option to save as earlier versions.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread