+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Educational Software Thread, Foundation E-Profile help! in Technical; Erm, could someone remind me how to use this!! It was one of the first things i did when i ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Question Foundation E-Profile help!

Erm, could someone remind me how to use this!!

It was one of the first things i did when i arrived here and havent done it in a year!! Staff need me to get the info off so they can send it wherever it goes....help!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 729 Posts
    What info do you need from it?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I dunno! lol

Is there something that they export from there that gets sent off somewhere else?! Sorry that dont help!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,645 Posts
    The foundation stage profile (I think) needs exporting from it.

I'll try to take a look tomorrow and remind myself exactly what you have to do. It wasn't difficult IIRC, something like select the right year group, and then choose the export option from the menu options across the top.

Jon
    Thank Post
    You can get it to export a CTF file that you can then import into your schools MIS system.

It will also produce reports in a .rtf or word format.

Jon
    Thank Post
    Here is a link to a document that Norfolk LEA have produced with instructions on how to create the CTF file.

eProfile: Exporting data to e

Hope this helps...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post

It was one of the first things i did when i arrived here and havent done it in a year!! Staff need me to get the info off so they can send it wherever it goes....help!
    sorry to awnser you question with a question but why are you doing this, I told our lot last year to do it themself they update it with the pupil info and should be the ones passing the .cft, .csv files to the office to go onto sims or what ever system they have it's just lazy on their part. Fair enough if they don't know how to do it show them and tell them to get on with it. rant over

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts

You should be using Eyeprofile V3 (it used to be E-profile V2) and Progress as it's now called. These are available for download on the BGFL website. The interface is the same but it looks a bit more colourful this year.
    Now if you have Eyeprofile or Progress installed on multiple standalone machines, when you log into it, you have the option of merging/exporting to another profile (look at the menus at the top).

The recommended approach is to merge all classes onto one of your admin machines (using the 2009 cohort). The admin staff should have received documentation what to do with the data. I think eventually it's submitted using FCSLogin2 which goes to the LA.

It isn't the easiest software to use and it isn't network friendly at all. Eyeprofile even stores its data in a hidden directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
    It must create a hell of a lot of support calls. It's something that could and should easily be converted as a web application. It also doesn't support network printers, so you're forced to create a local port to point to the network printer.

9. Thanks to Michael from:

Little-Miss (14th June 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Opps, didnt realise i had more responses...

As always Michael, you hit the nail on the head.

My school obviously failed to noticed that they needed to use an updated version of the program. So after a few phone calls and a lot of panic from the staff, i updated it to eyeprofile which was pretty seamless. We've got a couple of kids who's assessments didnt copy across for some reason, but thats not too bad. Luckily they gave us an extension so we should be sorted by Monday.

And yes, it's a vile little program!

Thanks anyway guys

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    New to this particular software. My Business Manager did a course yesterday, our LEA has just signed up to eProfile and I'm being asked to set it up so that the 2 reception teachers, head and admin staff can access it. Anyone got a simple walk through (where to put the programme particularly) I could have a look at please?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Here eyeprofile is installed on the Laptop of the 3 Foundation teachers and also on the deputy heads laptop. When its time we just export the info from the 3 foundation machines and import it onto the deputys so she has a record and export them from there and upload them. Long winded but this is how they've done it and i havent had time to change it!

13. Thanks to Little-Miss from:

speckytecky (29th September 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks you are a Gem as usuall LM.

Our BM is getting parinoid about data security and the thought of teachers having this data off site would fill her with dread. Therefore, I'm thinking a network location might be the answer, that way the data would also be included in back ups. Any suggestions on how to go about that please anyone?

Here eyeprofile is installed on the Laptop of the 3 Foundation teachers and also on the deputy heads laptop. When its time we just export the info from the 3 foundation machines and import it onto the deputys so she has a record and export them from there and upload them. Long winded but this is how they've done it and i havent had time to change it!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If you were to change it - how would you have it set up to be simple but secure?

Thank Post
    i thought it saved data in %userprofile%\application data\whatever though i dont think ive used the latest version (eyeprofile v3 i believe) so for last year i created a user with a roaming profile and just that software avaliable to them

17. Thanks to sted from:

speckytecky (30th September 2009)

Thank Post
    The new version can be downloaded here:

eProfile

This is basically how I have installed it to share the data on the network:

Please note these instructions are not 100% official, I am currently working with the LEA in testing this and producing documentation for our techicians.

!!!If you are overwriting an existing version, run the old version and do a backup first.!!!

- Install EProfile as normal.

- Create a text file called DataFolder.txt and place it in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FSP\Version3

- Inside DataFolder.txt just write the path to where you want to store the data, eg:

T:\E-Profile\2010
    (no final slash)

For some reason UNC paths do not work properly, it can read the data but wont write back to it when doing a backup!

To check it works, run EProfile (adding school details if necessary), then click Help, then about. It should say Work Folder = t:\e-profile\2010

If installing it on multiple machines, i have created a batch file I run after installing EProfile:

copy T:\e-profile\DataFolder.txt "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FSP\Version3"

You only need to import the pupils and add school details on the 1st installation, as the other machines will pick it up. If Eprofile cannot find the shared drive (or the file is in the wrong place) it will revert back to c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\fsp\version3"

!! If you are upgrading, simply do a restore !!

19. 4 Thanks to danielson81:

PiqueABoo (23rd October 2009), speckytecky (23rd October 2009), stevenlong1985 (18th November 2010), TechSupp (24th October 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast