+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Educational Software Thread, Foundation E-Profile help! in Technical; With Eyeprofile and Working Towards the Profile, they do need to be installed locally and save data locally too. Both ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,254 Posts
    With Eyeprofile and Working Towards the Profile, they do need to be installed locally and save data locally too.

Both products don't work with network printers either. You have to create a local port: \\ServerName\Printer Share Name and install the drivers manually. This 'fools' the software into thinking the printer is local.

As for importing CSV files, in v3.2 you need to specify 2011 in the first column (I can't remember what it's labelled) and then the import will work correctly. As always you need to change the date format to dd/mm/yyyy too, otherwise the import will fail.

It makes me wonder why a secure online version of this application isn't available. It would make things so much easier...

Thank Post
    Birmingham schools can find full guidance on the process on the Link2ICT knowledgebase kb.link2ict.org - article numbers 1926, 2033, 1921, 1922, 1920 give the full facts.

You may also not be aware that eProfile can be replaced by the specific EYFSP models which can be imported into Facility and SIMS.net - unfortunatley this isnt true for PTP as this is not a statutory assessment requirement....

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,296 Times in 1,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    With Eyeprofile and Working Towards the Profile, they do need to be installed locally and save data locally too.

Both products don't work with network printers either. You have to create a local port: \\ServerName\Printer Share Name and install the drivers manually. This 'fools' the software into thinking the printer is local.

As for importing CSV files, in v3.2 you need to specify 2011 in the first column (I can't remember what it's labelled) and then the import will work correctly. As always you need to change the date format to dd/mm/yyyy too, otherwise the import will fail.

It makes me wonder why a secure online version of this application isn't available. It would make things so much easier...
    Only this morning, I was down in Reception sorting out printing for this... and once I'd sorted it, it fell foul of our Print Manager Plus restrictions, so I had to tweak my rules as well.

Thank Post
    Anybody had issues in importing CTF file from eProfile into Facility??

In the 2010/11 dataset we have 12 children who are in their foundation year. When loading eProfile you are asked to select the year in which your children finish foundation ie 2011.

We then created a export CTF file ready to import back into Facility, however the file didnt import, upon further investigation i needed to replace the 2011 year in the CTF to 2010 to get it to store against the correct pupils.

Is this an issue with eProfile (v3.2) or Facility (v11.1.24)?
    Last edited by mark80; 16th June 2011 at 04:19 PM.

Thank Post
    Hello. Has anyone experienced a sudden "/2" is not a valid integer value on Win7???

It's been working completely fine (according to the teacher) and is suddenly now throwing up this message.

ANY HELP???

Thank Post
    *BUMP*

Thank Post
    Last time I fixed a eprofile problem with Windows 7 it was due to the date/time settings not being in English UK - that error does sound familiar to this but it may not be the same one.....

8. Thanks to jamesfed from:

marsdenprimary (13th January 2012)

Thank Post
    I think @jamesfed is right - I seem to remember something similiar myself from a couple of years ago

Si

10. Thanks to SimpleSi from:

Thank Post
    I just had a look at the time and date and it's all fine, however after a re-install- the message has now changed to "3/ is not a valid integer value" so the previous "2" has increased by a digit... wonder if that gives any clues? Cheers for the suggestions though x

Thank Post
    Fomr the user guide
    "Windows 7
    eProfile works with Windows 7. You may need to reselect the UK settings. Do this by opening Control Panel and selecting Regional Settings. Change English (United Kingdom) to another setting, e.g. English (United States) and click on Apply. Change back to English (United Kingdom) and click on OK."

It says you might need to do the old switch off and on again trick

Si

13. Thanks to SimpleSi from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    Fomr the user guide
    "Windows 7
    eProfile works with Windows 7. You may need to reselect the UK settings. Do this by opening Control Panel and selecting Regional Settings. Change English (United Kingdom) to another setting, e.g. English (United States) and click on Apply. Change back to English (United Kingdom) and click on OK."

It says you might need to do the old switch off and on again trick

Si
    YOU ARE A LEGEND!!!

Thanks so much- it worked!!

Is this information from the EProfile website??

J
    x

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234