+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational Software Thread, Promethean ActivInspire in Technical; Originally Posted by cmssbrie Hi, Yep, it will deffinately work with that board, but as I mentioned earlier, it is ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmssbrie View Post
    Hi,

Yep, it will deffinately work with that board, but as I mentioned earlier, it is in the form of an 'Upgrade' to your board - just look on our main site for "ActivArena" for further info.

As to why the page turning is slow, it's not a known issue at our end - possibly something to do with hardware accelleration being taken down a few notches or something like that?

If it's causing a lot of problems for you, I'd suggest making sure that the latest build of Inspire is being used (You can check by opening it, clicking 'View' -> "Dashboard" -> "Configure" -> "Check for updates"), and then seeing if there is a 'lag' when turning pages with very little content on them, as well as checking that your hardware accelleration for the graphics card is set to "full".

If that doesn't make a difference, it might be worth getting in contact with the Tech Support guys for further advice.

HTH
    Apparently there is some things in V 1.2 that is meant to speed thigns up but I haven't seen anything that says when it's out.

We have the same problem (and with the rubber) and we are running the latest versions, we had no problem's before. I haven't really got anywhere with technical support but then being totally honest part of the problem is with my teaching staff who don't do anything when I give them a list of troubleshooting things to go through and then they don't bother and just complain it's still slow.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Apparently there is some things in V 1.2 that is meant to speed thigns up but I haven't seen anything that says when it's out.

We have the same problem (and with the rubber) and we are running the latest versions, we had no problem's before. I haven't really got anywhere with technical support but then being totally honest part of the problem is with my teaching staff who don't do anything when I give them a list of troubleshooting things to go through and then they don't bother and just complain it's still slow.
    Yeah, work has been done on 'speeding up' things in 1.2 - which may also helpo the page turn problem - as for a release date, all I can really advise is that it will be 'before September' (providing it gets through it's final tests) - so there isn't too long to wait on that front!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmssbrie View Post
    Hi,

Yep, it will deffinately work with that board, but as I mentioned earlier, it is in the form of an 'Upgrade' to your board - just look on our main site for "ActivArena" for further info.

As to why the page turning is slow, it's not a known issue at our end - possibly something to do with hardware accelleration being taken down a few notches or something like that?

If it's causing a lot of problems for you, I'd suggest making sure that the latest build of Inspire is being used (You can check by opening it, clicking 'View' -> "Dashboard" -> "Configure" -> "Check for updates"), and then seeing if there is a 'lag' when turning pages with very little content on them, as well as checking that your hardware accelleration for the graphics card is set to "full".

If that doesn't make a difference, it might be worth getting in contact with the Tech Support guys for further advice.

HTH
    Sorry should have made myself clearer and also apologise for high jacking the thread but my page turning issue is with activstudio 3 I believe it is and not inspire.

The teacher in question has just about given up on using it atm.

Thanks.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Sorry should have made myself clearer and also apologise for high jacking the thread but my page turning issue is with activstudio 3 I believe it is and not inspire.

The teacher in question has just about given up on using it atm.

Thanks.

Ben
    Hmmm - thats odd - again, never really come accross it in Studio either, but may be worth...

a) cleaning the local temp directories (the software uses these to process the contents of the pages)
    b) Changing colour depth to 16 bit (this was what the software was written for natively)
    c) turning off any 'Page Turn' affects (right click on the 'Next Page' button - may also be that theyve set a certain 'speed' as well in here which will control 'how quick' the page turns)

The other stuff about ensuring latest version, and checking the 'Hardware Accelleration' may also apply - so could be worth checking those too.

Failing that, I think the best advice would be to see if it does the same in Inspire (which hopefully it wont :-) )

Thank Post
    I know this thread is REALLY old but we're seeing the same issues. I had reports from a number of teachers today that said it took forever for ActivInspire to load and switching between tools takes forever. I have updated a few machines to the latest software/firmware but they are having the issue as well. Some machines are at the logo screen for a few minutes before the flames move up and load the program.

Thank Post
    There are quite a few variables here though I would recommend starting with a fresh instillation of Inspire if you have not already. Also, Inspire can be especially slow to open the first time it is launched on a system, just to confirm is this a consistent and reoccurring issue on these systems?

Have you tried clearing the local temp files?

Have you checked your system usage in Task manager. Slow load times / slow response can be related to a lack of available resources.

Did you redirect any of the Inspire directories at install or with an Admin.ini file?

I would also recommend testing one of the systems with a Newly created local user account (with full admin access) as the slowdown could be related to the user specific files or user rights.

Thank Post
    I will check on the first few suggestions, but I can tell you about the last one.

I have a teacher that is in a test workgroup I created with no application restrictions, however he is not a full admin. None of the teachers will get full admin, but in his case he also had severe slowdown. I was told by a few of our teachers this has been going on for a few years. I just started here a few months ago but it seems to be an intermittent issue.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    I will check on the first few suggestions, but I can tell you about the last one.

I have a teacher that is in a test workgroup I created with no application restrictions, however he is not a full admin. None of the teachers will get full admin, but in his case he also had severe slowdown. I was told by a few of our teachers this has been going on for a few years. I just started here a few months ago but it seems to be an intermittent issue.
    I don't suppose you redirect app data do you?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    @Striker412
    See my thread for information that might help
    Time lag when choosing new pen type
    We do redirect appdata so I tried the fix but it didnt work for me
    ActivInspire is very very slow to load here but that is because they have it in ActivPrimary look-alike mode - in ActivStudio it loads much more quickly

Thank Post
    I guess I should add that we're all on Mac and most of the teachers with boards are on 10.6.8. I will be upgrading them all to ML over the next few weeks. I'm not sure if my predecessor setup app redirection.

Thank Post
    Ok I have another issue.

Starting ActivInspire is taking at least 7-10 minutes for teachers. Apparently this also has been going on for some time and they just sort of "expect it". Any ideas what the heck is going on here?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12