+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Email storage in Technical; Recently as some of you may already be aware I have spent some time with the Waterford Technologies group, viewing ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Email storage

Recently as some of you may already be aware I have spent some time with the Waterford Technologies group, viewing the education software they are able to provide. After the many intense sessions with Andrew Clake at Waterford Tech on the wide range of modules -I would say my fave one in particular which stood out to me was the storage manager module.
    Why I hear you say?
    Simply because it connects to your exchange email server and shrinks storage by around 70%
    It replaces the attachment with links ("stubs") to the attachments captured in the MailMeter repository where they are compressed, single instanced, and stored separately from the mail server. most importantly it is seamless to users - no client software is installed on the user's PC. When they click on the attachment name, it just loads from MailMeter instead of the email server. This is something would be worth posting as I can see the benefit for colleges as well as schools, with them having to spend time and headaches with these backups then having to spend money on buying disks, this intelligent software is worth seeing, and was even more amazed at the prices for education, see what you think yourself

Email Storage Management for Exchange

2. Thanks to Hollie1985 from:

Arthur (18th June 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread