+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, ActivInspire in Technical; Currently playing with ActivInspire has anyone packaged up looks like previous msi is part of the package just need to ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

ActivInspire

Currently playing with ActivInspire has anyone packaged up looks like previous msi is part of the package just need to know if any other gotchas need to look at.

Russ

Thank Post
    Ye, currently trying to package this up under CC4 (with the help of a 3rd line tech) not going too well, got no specifics yet tho.
    I have noticed the uninstaller has issues removing the old AP3 driver some times.

Could you please delete my thread abit further down about inspire please and we can use this one.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I also asked package team at RM same question as if they had any dealings with it.

Russ

Thank Post
    Its gone fairly well here although the network installer option didn't produce an msi for the device driver. One annoying thing I've found so far is that it picks up the previous shared resources location for Active Studio if you go via the network installer route but if you install manually it picks up the Active Pimary folder instead.

Other than the above its deployed well here after using the network installer option to produce the msi's(vanilla network)

One thing thats bugging me is the creation of activote flips rather than activExpression ones, even if I create a basic page with a multiple choice(not using any functionality that'd require activExpression) it still complains that the question isnt compatible with Activote. Other than that it seems to work very well.

James

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamman960 View Post
    Its gone fairly well here although the network installer option didn't produce an msi for the device driver.
    It does. Runs a seperate network install and just install the driver.

Thank Post
    Hi,

When running the 'Network Install', it will create for you a .msi of the driver, application, help, HWR and core resources. If you have any of these installed already on the machine you are running the 'Network Install' option from, the software will detect them, and therefore assume you do not require that part.

If you want all parts, you are best using a 'clean machine' to ensure you get all parts.

(One thing to point out, at the moment, you may receive an error with the creation of the Core Resources - we know about the problem, and it will be fixed soon! - to get around it, follow this KB article here

Thank Post

Silly question but

How do you get the serial number in the package? I have had a quick look at the msi and can't see any obvious place to put it.

Thanks

Thank Post

Serial

just to follow up, does the network installer input the key into the MSI or will i have to orca it in?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi,

When you have got the 'Network' build, in there, there is a small app called 'asserialnumbervalidator.exe'

Launch this, and enter the info, and click ok.

It will then create a license file (.xml) (containing the serial number).

Make sure this file is in the same location from where you run your .msi and .mst file from, and it should install it for you when being deployed.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information