+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, SMART Sync 2009 - price? in Technical; We had Synchron-Eyes V4 which was dong the job nicely. Now with new computers we put the Teachert Unit on ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

SMART Sync 2009 - price?

We had Synchron-Eyes V4 which was dong the job nicely. Now with new computers we put the Teachert Unit on a PC but find that newer PC's will not not connect. Apparently we now have only one option that being purchase SMARTSync 2009. Doing a web search though I had not found any pricing guide. Got an idea now from Rapid. Anyone got any thoughts, advice or further prices on this software please?

Thank Post

SMART Sync 2009 pricing guide

The best way to get a price which is for your area would be to contact your local distributor. You can find the closest one by going to our website's Where to Buy page here: SMART - Where to Buy

If you're in the UK, that would be Steljes and their information is here: SMART Technologies Inc., Distributor in United Kingdom

Cheers,
    Rob

3. Thanks to rjmcleod from:

speckytecky (28th April 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Please sort out something for us users who got v8 recently, and then you brought out v9....

Im not having much luck at the moment with the upgrade route.

Thank Post

SMART Sync 2009 - price?

What sort of problems are you having?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We got a site licence for v8 late last year (will have to check date), and as yet despite asking since Bett in January have not yet recieved details of how, cost (preferably none due to when we purchased!) etc....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have now found that the Licensed SyncronEyes V4 which we had when our IT Suite was set up, will run on the new computers in the IT Suite. All but one that is.

I got a tad confused when loading it on to that PC and somehow it became corrupted. Did a complete uninstall and have even removed the HKLM - Software - Smart entry from the registry, removed the SyncronEyes folder from Programmes - run CC Cleaner.

Then, When I attempt a fresh install it comes up asking me if I want to repair the existing installation. Click OK and all looks like it is setting up but end result, it's there in Programmes but does not come up in All Programmes, the Control Panel / Add or Remove section nor does the machine show up on the Teacher's workstation.

Any ideas please?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down

Rob - Ive tried PM-ing you about my issues. To make everyone else aware - this the situation we are in.

Our reseller - has been talking to UK distribution since end of Jan 09. We got SynchronEyes back in July 08. Jan 09 SmartSync comes out. No notification to us (I found out by chance at BETT) - and also we arent entitled by the look of things at mo to FOC upgrade. Every other manufacturer would offer this - especially when we bought a site licence. We are being offered £6k upgrade, which is crazy when the original purchase was less than this (around £1800 site license originally)! This has now been going on back and forth for months and is unacceptable.

Someone from Smart needs to clarify what the deal is here - because just "batting" us away will not solve the issue. There are other suppliers out there, and experiences like this sour the taste with all Smart products not just their software.

Please help!

Stuart

9. Thanks to TheScarfedOne from:

Ian_Cooper_Printware (2nd June 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread