+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Adobe Premier Elements Crashing in Technical; While we're on the subject of video editing: is anyone else having issues with Adobe Premier Elements? I have version ...

Thank Post

Adobe Premier Elements Crashing

While we're on the subject of video editing: is anyone else having issues with Adobe Premier Elements? I have version 4.0 at home and it works great - all nice and easy wizard-based stuff that steps right through editing video and burning a DVD. We bought a couple of copies of version 7 for use at work, with the idea that maybe we'd get 50 copies at some point to go in the two main ICT suites. So far we seem to have had a lot of crashes, and Elements seems to discard changes from project files it is editing. A teacher with Elements 7.0 at home reports similar problems, too, so I'm maybe thinking we should go for Serif's video editing package instead. Anyone else come accross problems with Premier Elements? Is it some fixable setting we have on our machines or network? Both machines are decent enough - year-old dual-core Dell Vostros with 2GB of RAM and a RAID-1 storage drive each, running Windows XP. Do we need to run an update or patch from Adobe, maybe?

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 1,458 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Might be best openeing a new thread the original post was years ago

Thank Post
    We recently fitted 2 suites of dual booting apple macs. On the Windows side, Elements is terrible, despite the macs having 2gigs of ram and a dual core processor, they lock up and crash terribly. I am also having issues running it on my new office machine (Quad core with 4 gigs of ram)

If you watch task manager it appears that elements has a memory leak and that the only way to get the machine to respond is to kill the task.

On the Adobe forums, other users are also reporting this issue, and technicial support claim that the latest patches solve the issues - yet we are now fully patched and can't see any improvement.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 761 Posts
    Premier Elements 7.0 crashes consistently if you use redirected AppData on Windows, just like Acrobat 9.0. We bought a suite of licences before we discovered that. We sent them back for a refund and bought Serif MoviePlus X3, which the teacher prefers and is cheaper.

With all the problems I've had with Adobe software recently I have to admit I have reservations about buying Adobe these days, which is something I never thought I'd say.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ect View Post
    On the Adobe forums, other users are also reporting this issue, and technicial support claim that the latest patches solve the issues - yet we are now fully patched and can't see any improvement.
    I think we'll give it a miss, then, and buy the Serif suite of video-editing software for the 50-odd machines we want to do video editing on.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    we've found this also, the main reason it seems is due to editing video in mov format straight out of the camera, the best way to work around it is to convert it to microsoft dvi and edit using the video in this format. it takes ages to render, but it will save you a shed load of hassle.

7. Thanks to Rod_Mustard from:

dhicks (30th April 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread