+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Educational Software Thread, memory4teachers in Technical; Thanks 007, seems like your colleagues aren't the only ones who have done this!...

Thank Post
    Thanks 007, seems like your colleagues aren't the only ones who have done this!

Thank Post
    I got a stick from them at BETT 2010. Haven't used it though.

Thank Post
    Thanks Overworked. Let us all know how you get on with the stick when you aren't over worked!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verygrumpy View Post
    Thanks TR. How long have they been waiting?
    Hmmm... not sure... 18 months or so??

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just had a good chat with James @ Memory4Teachers who is keen to respond to concerns ... most of which are down to delivery. The influx of requests from non-UK folk has proven to be a problem and the time to verify folk has been an issue. The quantity required has been larger than expected (even for legit requests rather than false ones from overseas) and so they have been sourcing new stock. Once the stock is in place there will be an EG specific process for those people waiting ... and I will help with sorting that out.

Over the coming weeks I'll also be back in contact with them about some of the data protection concerns (mainly getting them to improve processes which they are keen to do) and they are getting the unsubscribe link sorted on their emails for those who have been waiting for that. More news to follow.

6. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

powdarrmonkey (18th June 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    And after a long wait ... nothing. They were not at BETT, I have requested to subscribe and still get the emails (the unsubscribe reports back there is no email address found ... I must be getting the newsletters due to my powers of telepathy then), I never got a formal response back about the the Data Protection query and the following blog post just points the the other problems, What You Should Know About Memory4Teachers Teaching Science ... so ... from 1st March I will be doing everything I can to make sure people, including their sponsors / advertisers, know about this.

I know they still lurk so perhaps they will suddenly want to get in contact and publicly explain themselves without hiding behind poor excuses, inept sales drone or a plea to our understanding about how difficult it is to manage things like this.

As far as I am concerned ... M4T ... it is game over and you can go home.

8. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

Zoom7000 (7th March 2011)

Thank Post
    Granted I got my USB at BETT 2010, however, how they have treated everyone else who registered who couldn't make it to BETT to collect their USB has been pathetic. Hope you succeed in kicking their butt Tony!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    As if by magic I have not received their Feb newsletter ... I am presuming one went out.

I have not had a response to any emails so now ringing them. Voicemails left so see what happens.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just been on the phone with Simon from Memory4teachers and he is keen to still work on making all this more positive. I am unsubscribed from emails now, my data is limited to just the unsubscribe list (to make sure I get no further materials) and we have had a good chat about the difference between what gets piled into a standard ICO entry and realistically what information is used for.

No doubt we will chat again later in the week and I'll pass on news when I have it, but they do seem to want to get things going again for people.
    I've put a new poll up in a new thread to help get an idea of who does or doesn't have one.
    Have you received your Memory4Teachers USB Stick?

Thank Post

Any partners out there?

Quote Originally Posted by powdarrmonkey View Post
    And? I have no interest in subtlety, or in your reputation, and I'm at perfect liberty to reply to you. My only interest is in making sure nobody else thinks the last relevant posts are either genuine or impartial.

The company behind memory4teachers has not behaved well, they've failed to deliver on multiple promises, they have failed to respond to emails, they have mis-used their mailing lists despite registrants opting-out of them and I am awaiting legal advice about whether they are in breach of contract*. They are an embarrassment to their content providers and sponsors.

You're not doing much better either, for somebody who's stopped posting and requested their account be removed... I've been prepared to let you turn over a new leaf but once again, you've persuaded me that there is no point. I'm not prepared to derail this thread though; if you have something to say, tell me in private.

*note: I'm not opening a debate on this last point, and I'm not going to discuss it until I've received said advice, so don't ask.
    Hi There

Seem to have been stung by this scam! I am interested to hear is any partners were successful in not paying memory4teacher or memory4students due to not receiving the services sold to them. Or any partners who have not had to continue with the auto renew contract.

Also I would like to hear from any students who applied and received a memory stick.

Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information