+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Educational Software Thread, memory4teachers in Technical; So, she does work for them - what a surprise Just goes to show who you can trust these days....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 772 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So, she does work for them - what a surprise Just goes to show who you can trust these days.

2. Thanks to synaesthesia from:

CPLTD (24th March 2010)

Thank Post
    I am new to this forum, so have called myself 'verygrumpy' as I have found memory4 teachers pretty poor. My mate, who is also unhappy with M4T, is a director of a company who paid to be on the stick, and he has just received a renewal invoice! He was told his upfront cost last year was for the whole 5 years and now is being chased for what he paid last year as an annual payment!! My mate says 'the contract is pretty vague but who wants to go to court!'! Do other teachers actually use the stick for its intended purpose? Are you guys happy with it? Does it do what it says on the tin? Does anyone know know what M4T said they would do for teachers, and have they delivered? Do you guys ever read their emails to teachers? Have you got your sticks - I haven't?? Would love to know your experiences guys and gals as I am 'verygrumpy'!!

Thank Post
    All I can add to this is that several staff here applied, and, you guessed it, no sticks yet, not that it matters as we'll be phasing them out over the next few years anyway in favour of a combination of Moodle / Mahara / Remote access (far less risk of pupil data escaping)

Thank Post
    Thanks TR. How long have they been waiting?

Thank Post
    we never got the sticks , ever not one and nearly the whole school signed up

Thank Post
    Thanks KiwiMatt. How long ago was that?

Thank Post
    I'd forgotten all about these guys - we all signed up here too ages ago... All teaching and support staff. And, like everyone else - nothing. I'm guessing it would have been about the beginning of 2009 ish, but don't quote me on it. Equally so, we've had nothing at all from them, no spam, no nothing. Curiouser and curiouser!

Thank Post
    over 2 years now we aren't holding our breath for them here ....... only positive thing i can say is that staff emails haven't been spammed as of yet

Thank Post
    Cheers Solitaire & Kiwimatt, mmmmmm? They said it was 5 year project but seems it may fall into a grave before then!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On advice from ICO I have now made a DPA request to the company about my information, how it is used, who has access to it and how it would be removed if I request it. This was made on Monday after repeated requests for a representative of the company to address concerns I have in my professional capacity.

If (and probably when) the reply period expires I will be able to lodge a formal complaint and take it further.

It is not as if I have not made frequent attempts to contact them and would welcome any direct contact details if you have the, @verygrumpy.

12. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

powdarrmonkey (10th June 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    no sticks here either

Thank Post
    Hi GrumbleDook and others

Sadly we use the normal contact line to reception and ask for relevant departments -
    MEMORY4TEACHERS
    112-114 Station Road
    Edgware
    Middlesex
    HA8 7BJ

Tel: 0208 951 0000
    Fax: 0208 951 5666

.... but I have just done a quick search about data protection/controller via Data Protection and Freedom of Information Advice - Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) i.e Information Commissioners Office, and found this interesting info. Registration Number: Z1783649

Date Registered: 01 July 2009 Registration Expires: 30 June 2010

Data Controller: RGS EUROPE LIMITED

Address:
    TISH LEIBOVITCH
    249 CRANBROOK ROAD
    ILFORD
    ESSEX
    IG1 4TG

Other Names:

MEMORY 4 TEACHERS
    MEMORY 4 STUDENTS
    MEMORY 4

Keep everyone posted for everyone's sake. Good luck.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    if u google that name which is pretty unique it seems to be the name of accountants at teh same address.

also check this doc http://www.chigwellbusiness.co.uk/BL...cs%20email.pdf

Thank Post
    Nice one Browolf.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verygrumpy View Post
    I am new to this forum, so have called myself 'verygrumpy' as I have found memory4 teachers pretty poor. My mate, who is also unhappy with M4T, is a director of a company who paid to be on the stick, and he has just received a renewal invoice! He was told his upfront cost last year was for the whole 5 years and now is being chased for what he paid last year as an annual payment!! My mate says 'the contract is pretty vague but who wants to go to court!'! Do other teachers actually use the stick for its intended purpose? Are you guys happy with it? Does it do what it says on the tin? Does anyone know know what M4T said they would do for teachers, and have they delivered? Do you guys ever read their emails to teachers? Have you got your sticks - I haven't?? Would love to know your experiences guys and gals as I am 'verygrumpy'!!
    Quite a few at the school i'm at received them a couple of months ago. The software was terrible and couldn't be used on school computers (restrictions, not the software). As a result I think most people (at the school) have formatted the usb drives, to replace smaller ones they had before (M4T drives sent were 4Gb).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information